Private Classifieds listings from 2007 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old January 3rd, 2007, 01:49 AM   #31
Trustee

Still haven't gone to ebay. Last chance.
Bruce S. Yarock
Old January 3rd, 2007, 09:43 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Anyone interested?
Old January 3rd, 2007, 10:18 AM   #33
Inner Circle

People. SOMEONE buy this lens. If you are serious about doing shorts OR features, this is THE lens to own. There is a difference in image quality, trust me.

(Somewhere in my stack of video magazines, is an article on using the 16x ON the XLH1. It was determined to be a 'useable' lens in the mid range f-stops. Forget who did the article, Adam Wilt maybe???)

Bruce, I'm using an XL2 right now. Waiting on the jump to HD for probably another year. It's not at a space I'm comfortable with in terms of workflow and distribution options at the moment. Yes, yes, working great for lots of people, just not my tamale at the moment. Don't yet need it. But when I DO go the XLH1, I'm probably going to buy the 6x package and port my 16x over with it. Yes, my FU-1000 as well.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 11:53 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Hey Gary,

If you sticks are still available, I might be interested. I live in Richmond too! You don't have emailed enabled, so drop me a note if you see this. (ericgan AT gmail DOT com).
Old January 3rd, 2007, 12:57 PM   #35
Regular Crew

what is a foam hub?
Old January 3rd, 2007, 01:09 PM   #36
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Alvarez
(Somewhere in my stack of video magazines, is an article on using the 16x ON the XLH1. It was determined to be a 'useable' lens in the mid range f-stops. Forget who did the article, Adam Wilt maybe???)
Check your September issue of DV magazine. That's the one where our Texas HD Shootout was written up. We did test the 16X on the XLH1. Pete Bauer has also done some testing on his own and I believe he had posted the results on his web site.

I can also vouch for this lens. I had a pair of them when I had XL2's. They make an excellent picture.

-gb-
Old January 3rd, 2007, 01:19 PM   #37
Trustee

Yeah. This lens is really great. I know Bruce is kicking himself for not selling it back to me when I asked for it! I had sold the camera and the lens to him and then my situation changed and I needed to get both back. I lined up a camera from Nick Hiltgen.

When Bruce bought the camera from me he had asked me to not include the 16x as he didn't need it and thus reduce the price. But I didn't want to seperate them. Then, I called and offered to buy it back from him but he said no! He was going to use it. So I went and scoured the earth and bought a different used one.....2 days later he asked me if I'd be interested in buying it back! Doh! Sometimes things work out really screwy.

I understand what he is going through. I have sold stuff and regretted in and I have not sold something and then regretted that too. The 16x manual is a great lens. I have, however started to build a liking of the 20x servo lens also. There is a place in the world for both of these great lenses.

So buy this lens from Bruce if you know what's good for you!
Old January 3rd, 2007, 01:22 PM   #38
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Perkins
what is a foam hub?
Thanks Charles. I didn't want to ask because I thought it would make me look stupid.

:)
Old January 3rd, 2007, 02:09 PM   #39
Wrangler

hi steve--does the firestore capture progressive images?
Old January 3rd, 2007, 02:12 PM   #40
Inner Circle

I think they are the little foam bumper taht comes on top of a round container of CD's or DVD's. About 1.5" diameter with about a 5/8" hole and about 1/8" thick? I save all of mine too, but I have no idea what to use them for yet. :)

Mike
Old January 3rd, 2007, 02:43 PM   #41
Major Player

My wife says trying to ship to out of the US is a pain, so since she does the shipping, ...

Dave
Old January 3rd, 2007, 03:19 PM   #42
Major Player

Too bad because I'm extremely interested in it.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 03:53 PM   #43
Major Player

sorry it is gone.
Thanks.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 04:14 PM   #44
Regular Crew

$1400

sorry those images don't work, if any one is interested i will send you the pics or re upload them.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 05:12 PM   #45
Major Player

WTB: cam eye or similar LANC device

Looking for something really simple for a wearable camera setup. Like a cameye for example. I'm willing to buy it new, so any price below that is fair.

Thanks,
Jad
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds