Great Read.."High Definition and 24P Cinematography - Paul Wheeler" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Read About It
Some old-fashioned book-learnin' will do you some good.

Old February 5th, 2007, 07:24 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Great Read.."High Definition and 24P Cinematography - Paul Wheeler"

I found this book a good read, and a solid reference book too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Definit...e=UTF8&s=books

It really gets stuck into a lot of varied HD debates. Explores 24P, 25P, 30P, 50i and 60i and it's implications into all aspects of production, like costing, delivery logistics, lighting, example shoot setups, playback, lenses, monitors da da da....

It's pretty meaty, and very well written.

Thought i'd give you all the heads up on that one.
Old February 12th, 2007, 12:44 AM   #2
Major Player

Neil;
thanks for the headsup on that, I didn't know of its existence. Although the UK Amazon site that you pointed to doesn't have any user-posted reviews, the US site does:
http://www.amazon.com/High-Definitio...e=UTF8&s=books

The reviews suggest that the book is loaded towards a thin discussion of the merits of the HDCam F900 and Panavision equipment, the author's employer. If I had a bookstore nearby that stocked it I'd definitely check it out, but the reviews shot down my interest to buy it sight-unseen from Amazon.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It