8 pin - 12 pin Fujinon adapter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 31st, 2008, 01:52 PM   #1
Major Player

8 pin - 12 pin Fujinon adapter

Can anyone tell me if there is an adapter that will enable an 8 pin fujinon controller to be used with a 12 pin fujinon lens - I understand Manfrotto make an adapter but I would imagine this would not be of any use with Fujinon - any ideas? anyone done this?

Regards: Stu
www.studioscotland.com
Stewart Menelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 02:14 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

That's exactly what it is, Stewart... Bogen - Manfrotto's 8-pin / 12-pin adapter for Fujinon lens controllers:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...T_8_to_12.html

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 05:30 PM   #3
Major Player

A question Chris...

Thanks for the link Chris, the reason for the question was, I was told by a dealer that this adapter may not work when connecting the 8 pin Fujinon contoller onto the 12 pin Fujinon X17 HD lens. Can you tell me, what areas (if any) of control are lost minus 4 pins?

www.studioscotland.com
Old February 7th, 2008, 12:35 PM   #4
Major Player

A DVinfo member emailed me off line, asking if I had any joy with this subject, so here is what I have found out...

Because we are not close to any outlets that stock a good supply of broadcast products it can be tricky getting the right information from sales folks, and when we get conflicting info that makes it all the more difficult to make an informed decision.... anyway.... 8 pin - 12 pin adapters for Fujinon.

According to one dealer here in the UK - they spoke with Fujinon and they recommend the use of their own adapter (unsurprisingly) called the "8 -12 pin ECF126 control to lens adapter" it is a 6" lead - Functions unavailable on the controller would be the likes of the fast zoom control button feature on the 1/2" lens - but that facility is not on the 92b 8 pin zoom controller anyway so nothing is lost and all functions on that controller would work.

The cost in the UK is £102+ vat - I'm just waiting for mine to arrive.

The Manfrotto adapter was not recommended by 3 dealers in the UK, hence my hesitation in purchasing one. It is certainly cheaper, and one dealer did offer to get us one to try, but I don't have time to mess around if something was not right, and for the sake of about £20.00.

Hope this helps anyone else.

Kind regards, Stu
www.studioscotland.com
Old March 6th, 2008, 04:01 PM   #5
New Boot

Hi Stewart.

Hadn't heard of this adapter before. In your converstation with Fujinon, did you happen to ask if it works both ways? I have a 12-pin SRD-51B controller I'd like to use on a newer 8-pin Fujinon lens.

tim
Tim J. Matteson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 05:53 AM   #6
Major Player

Hi Tim -

I now have the adapter and it all works as expected and is of course typical Fujinon quality. The problem I see here is that there are only 8 pin holes (female) at the controller end and 12 pins (male) at the lens end so not much use to you. However I would imagine that they would make an adapter to suit your needs.

www.studioscotland.com
Old April 15th, 2008, 07:08 AM   #7
Major Player

I need one of these too - £100 is rather steep though.

Is this simply a wired through adapter or are there any electronics involved? I would have thought it's simply wired through?
Paul Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 03:04 PM   #8
Major Player

Hi Paul - Yes it is wired through, and yes it is a very steep price for what it is.

www.studioscotland.com
Old April 17th, 2008, 01:22 AM   #9
Major Player

Thanks Stu,

I've ordered the Fuji lead anyway - I'm sure if I had time I could find the right connectors and make one up myself but I need it for next week :(
Paul Gale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers