Libec ZC-3DV - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old July 28th, 2005, 10:02 AM   #16
Regular Crew

thinks I read some manfrotto (bogen ) remote manuals b4 that removing the cables will risk shorting the remote...
if this helps ...
Old July 28th, 2005, 12:05 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Wong
thinks I read some manfrotto (bogen ) remote manuals b4 that removing the cables will risk shorting the remote...
if this helps ...
Oh man, that's a scary thought. I've been too busy editing video for a client to spend much time with a camcorder this week. The guy from Libec said the only problem with connecting the ZC-3DV to a running camcorder is a quick jump as soon as the cable's connected to the CAM REMOTE jack.
Tim Borek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2005, 07:53 AM   #18
New Boot

Libec ZC-3DV

Tim,

can you give us an update on your zoom controller?

The price is right and I am considering purchasing one for my DVC30.

Thank you,

Stefano
Stefano Costantini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2005, 09:21 AM   #19
Major Player

Libec ZC-3DV follow-up -- fits on Spider Brace shoulder support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefano Costantini
Tim,

can you give us an update on your zoom controller?

Stefano
Stefano et al.,

I'm sorry for the delay in following up on my previous post. The little Libec controller is working just fine. I'm very happy with it considering it only cost me $100. I have connected it to a "hot" DVC80 camera on the fly, and it worked fine other than a quick jump in the zoom when first plugged in, which Libec says is normal behavior. This wasn't the case with my first one, which was defective. Having said that, I'm a bit leery of Libec's quality control, but they (at least their U.S. headquarters) know about the problem I had and can hopefully improve their production and QA practices. B&H Photo/Video exchanged my defective unit with no questions asked, and Libec USA's tech support staff responded promptly to my questions. I have my doubts about how long this ZC-3DV input jacks will last; they seem a little delicate, so I'm extra careful not to bump the connector cable when it's inserted. Only time will tell, but so far the ZC-3DV has been a solid performer.

I have not used The ZC-3DV's LanC mode yet, since I only shoot with Panasonic cameras.

One final note: I can easily attach the ZC-3DV to my Spider Brace 2 shoulder support. The zoom controller's clamp opens very wide (about 2 inches) to fit it on a wide variety of devices and fixtures. As a result, there's no need to modify the Spider Brace 2 to accommodate the zoom controller on the handle. I suppose stripping off some foam on the handle grip would allow the controller to sit a tad lower so you don't have to extend your thumb as far to use it, but I don't recommend zooming much when using using that kind of stabilization anyway. The main reason I use the zoom controller with the Spider Brace 2 is for Record/Pause control. The Spider Brace 2 with the Libec ZC-3DV makes a functional, affordable, and lightweight rig for my DVC80. I'm positive that my Libec controller will be used more often now that I have a more stable shooting platform in the Spider Brace 2.
Tim Borek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2005, 09:31 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Well ,

I think I'm getting one after the fabulous time Tim has taken to review his personal experience. Thanks again , Tim !
Old October 29th, 2005, 08:38 AM   #21
Regular Crew

works great with my DVX !!! a great buy
Old December 10th, 2008, 04:38 PM   #22
Major Player

OK Guys, How about this thing three years later? Still using it? How is it holding up?

I sold my Zoe with the PD170 thinking that I would be buying a Panasonic in the future. I was impressed by it but I don't know if I need the remote focus.
Old December 10th, 2008, 05:01 PM   #23
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Borek View Post
I didn't expect to hear from Libec so fast -- within 48 hours over a holiday weekend is impressive!
Slightly off-topic. I have a couple of Libec pods and had an issue with one of them. I contacted Libec and their customer service was excellent.
Josh Laronge is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers