Zoom Controller ratings - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old August 27th, 2005, 02:26 PM   #46

Zoom stuff

Wayne:

I took your suggestion and forwarded the post to James.

FYI, I'm like many consumers... too lazy to be responsible and follow up, sometimes. The gadget works, so I just put up with the issues I discussed. To be honest, it didn't cross my mind the thing might be broken. I just thought the species (zoom controllers in general) might be a bit... sensitive, since I've never used one before.

And the screws... I knew that's why they were so long. They could have been a little beefier, however. I have worried I might bend them by catching them on things.

Fred:

I actually have no complaint about the "feel." It zooms nicely, in my opinion. It still think it doesn't look like it should cost over three hundred bucks. And the comment about the Manfrotto one is simply because my experience with their tripods and heads has been pleasant. I've never had a single problem with either of mine. Well, except for the time I dropped the big one straight down on my toe, and, of course, I was wearing sandals and it hit the one with the ingrown toe nail; but that wasn't Manfrotto's fault.
Old August 27th, 2005, 02:29 PM   #47

Zoom zoom zoom

Wayne:

Reply from James (per your request):

"Dear sender,

I will be out of the office from August 19th and returning
August 29th. If you have an urgent request, please contact our office for immediate attention. Our office telephone
number is ( 818 ) 972-2839.

Thank you."
Old August 27th, 2005, 02:57 PM   #48
Fred Retread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff
Well I'll admit to being a babe in the woods when it comes to the retail business.... but it seems to me that if you ordered a new unit you should have received one. One that was refurbished or returned should be flagged as an "open box special" from my experience. Your mileage may vary...
I don't mean units that were returned as defective. But if an item is returned simply because the buyer changed his mind, even B&H will put it back in inventory after checking it over. That's why they say returns must be in pristine condition with all the original packaging.
Old September 12th, 2005, 10:41 PM   #49

Zoom this

Well, I've not heard back from 16:9's James; and now I'm not sure whom I need to contact if I, indeed, have a warranty issue.

I noticed when I was using it this weekend there were a couple times when I would zoom in or out, and it would keep doing that after I let go of the button. I would have to unplug it to make it quit.

I'm not too thrilled with this Zoe zoomer.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers