521 Proi will not Zoom at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 24th, 2012, 07:43 AM   #1
Major Player

521 Proi will not Zoom

Before I send this remote into Manfrotto for repair does anyone have an idea why it won't zoom with my XH-A1?
Greg Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: 521 Proi will not Zoom

This has been a buggy controller since day one. I am sending it back to Manfrotto for repair.
Greg Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Clark View Post
Before I send this remote into Manfrotto for repair does anyone have an idea why it won't zoom with my XH-A1?
Hi Greg,

May be I can help you:
- when you plug it in - does the red LED goes on?
- does it work with any another camera?

Tom
Tomasz Bochenek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 02:12 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Clark View Post
This has been a buggy controller since day one. I am sending it back to Manfrotto for repair.
Before you do, try this .. write out a list of all your custom presets and do an A1 reset, check your manual.
Wipe your 521 minijack with a tiny spot of Brasso to clean it.

My 523proi manual has dire warnings about connecting it all up before powering the cam on.

Cheers.
Old May 25th, 2012, 02:57 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Tomasz.............

Any chance you could get the mods to include a country in your location, Google gets so boring after a while?

Allan..............

Irrespective of the blood curdingly dire warnings in your manual, the bl**dy thing is expected to plug in and bl**dy well work, end of story. That's the whole point.

I've never taken a blind bit of notice of the horror "don't connect this whilst it's powered on" myths (which are given scant attention in most manuals) and have never blown a port (yet).

My Canon remote must have been plugged/ unplugged (with the camera on) about 5,000 times over the years and never blown a port yet, do you really think a camera manufacturer would make their interface so damage prone?

The same goes for the FireWire, sorry to say, never managed to blow it up no matter how gross my handling, must have a defective camera, I guess.

You really do them a serious disservice. Other stuff, Ooooh yes.

Interfaces, don't think so, not on my camera, at least.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers