DV Info Net - Search Results
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Search Forums
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Showing results 226 to 250 of 790
Search took 0.04 seconds; generated 52 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: Evan Donn
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD April 1st, 2010, 07:32 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 3,897
Posted By Evan Donn
Except that that's only a starting point. ...

Except that that's only a starting point.

All failures aren't equal. An hour you don't sell at any rate is a bigger failure than an hour sold at half your overhead rate. Taking on a low budget...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD April 1st, 2010, 01:26 PM
Replies: 57
Views: 23,378
Posted By Evan Donn
I use pluraleyes which doesn't stretch the audio...

I use pluraleyes which doesn't stretch the audio at all - it just determines the sync between camera and the external audio and lines them up. You can get bad drift in FCP if you get the sequence...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD March 31st, 2010, 08:14 PM
Replies: 57
Views: 23,378
Posted By Evan Donn
Have you actually experienced any drift recording...

Have you actually experienced any drift recording dual system with these cameras? Remember you're never shooting more than 12 minutes of video in a single take - I've never seen a clip up to that...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD March 31st, 2010, 01:08 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 4,567
Posted By Evan Donn
Low light, too, of course. Also, I forgot to...

Low light, too, of course. Also, I forgot to mention time lapse - that's one area where there's simply no comparison to any current video cameras. With an inexpensive intervalometer remote you can...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD March 31st, 2010, 12:21 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 4,567
Posted By Evan Donn
Tim - everything you mention is correct. It's a...

Tim - everything you mention is correct. It's a trade off though of certain image characteristics for other ones - and it really comes down to your preference, and your audience's.

For me the...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD March 30th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Replies: 70
Views: 22,292
Posted By Evan Donn
Yeah I haven't used mine a lot since I got it...

Yeah I haven't used mine a lot since I got it because I don't have a solid mounting system. I just went ahead and ordered one of the LCD hoods to do my own mount, looks like a good solid solution.
Forum: Show Your Work March 29th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Replies: 0
Views: 1,641
Posted By Evan Donn
"A Better Place" - 48 Hour Film shot on 5DmkII

We did this in December for the 48HFP International Shootout - theme was "End of the World" and there weren't any other required elements.

This was our 12th film in timed competition, and one of...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD March 29th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 4,792
Posted By Evan Donn
Two months later... CAMERA SHOPPER "Hey...

Two months later...

CAMERA SHOPPER

"Hey Jon, why is it that your videos look so great and mine are all out of focus and wobbly and contrasty and there's this weird clicking in the sound all the...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD March 29th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 7,069
Posted By Evan Donn
ProRes uses less resources to play back, so you...

ProRes uses less resources to play back, so you get smoother playback in FCP when you convert, as well as RT transitions & effects. I've had some issues with FCP locking up and crashing if I'm...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD March 29th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 4,792
Posted By Evan Donn
It matters - but my version of the discussion...

It matters - but my version of the discussion goes a bit different ;)

CAMERA SHOPPER

"Should I buy the Nikon or the Canon? What do you think?"

DVINFO MEMBER (me)

"I'd go with whichever...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD March 29th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,403
Posted By Evan Donn
I've had an XHA1 for a few years now, and the...

I've had an XHA1 for a few years now, and the 5DmkII since it started shipping. I think I'm finally ready to sell the XHA1 - I only used it 3 times last year, all times when I wanted a second fixed...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD March 29th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Replies: 50
Views: 17,542
Posted By Evan Donn
Poetic, almost, but inaccurate. The 5/7D don't...

Poetic, almost, but inaccurate. The 5/7D don't use 1920x1080 in just the center of the chip - they use the entire chip area, but skip some of the lines. With a chip of this size and resolution I...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD March 25th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Replies: 70
Views: 22,292
Posted By Evan Donn
I never added the Hoodeye because I felt the...

I never added the Hoodeye because I felt the eyecup wasn't deep enough to really be comfortable, the new one is definitely much better. And you're right - the magnification isn't so much that the...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD March 25th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Replies: 70
Views: 22,292
Posted By Evan Donn
My Mag 3.0 just arrived a couple hours ago and...

My Mag 3.0 just arrived a couple hours ago and I've been playing around with it since. I've got to say that it doesn't feel like as dramatic a difference as I originally noticed when I tried it at...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD March 23rd, 2010, 12:38 PM
Replies: 70
Views: 22,292
Posted By Evan Donn
I got my order in yesterday too. I've had...

I got my order in yesterday too.

I've had the Hoodloupe for over a year and only used it a couple times, mostly in bright sun. Never really was happy with how it worked. I tried the Mag 3.0 at...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD March 22nd, 2010, 12:11 PM
Replies: 57
Views: 23,378
Posted By Evan Donn
Except that I don't think Tramm's talking about...

Except that I don't think Tramm's talking about full screen, full res output over hdmi - just the equivalent of what you can get when you're not recording. Much better for focusing, certainly, but...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD March 22nd, 2010, 12:08 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 4,792
Posted By Evan Donn
Problem with that solution is that I don't think...

Problem with that solution is that I don't think the necessary changes to the camera itself are as simple as a firmware update. The camera downscales the way it does for a reason - probably a...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD March 21st, 2010, 06:01 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 4,792
Posted By Evan Donn
I don't know the exact details of the 5D's...

I don't know the exact details of the 5D's implementation, but my guess is that they line skip down to every third vertical line and then pull RGB from adjacent areas on each line - although I'm sure...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD March 20th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 5,109
Posted By Evan Donn
Get a Fader ND, only way to go if you want to...

Get a Fader ND, only way to go if you want to shoot wide open like that in daylight... it'll let basically let you set exposure independent of the aperture and shutter speed. Much easier than trying...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD March 20th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 4,792
Posted By Evan Donn
2.1Mp wouldn't be enough because you need to...

2.1Mp wouldn't be enough because you need to divide the photosites up between red green and blue. So to get a 1:1 sampling (4:4:4) for all three colors at 1920x1080 you'd need 5760x3240 or 18.7mp. Or...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD March 18th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 1,957
Posted By Evan Donn
Not if you let pluraleyes do the work for you....

Not if you let pluraleyes do the work for you. Throw everything on a timeline, one track per camera, and let it sync and generate multicam clips while you get coffee.
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD March 17th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 10,920
Posted By Evan Donn
It really depends a lot on content. I've had 5D...

It really depends a lot on content. I've had 5D footage look beautiful in full HD at 4mbps. Of course it was well lit (very little noise), largely static camera, and shallow depth of field so the...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD March 15th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Replies: 86
Views: 56,475
Posted By Evan Donn
Definitely. Just shot a quick test and qt is...

Definitely. Just shot a quick test and qt is reporting 46.5mbps. So that's roughly a 20% increase in data combined with a 20% decrease in the number of frames (when shooting 24p), works out to about...
Forum: All Things Audio March 13th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 2,142
Posted By Evan Donn
Did the batteries die when you were recording? I...

Did the batteries die when you were recording? I had that happen once, and the zoom apparently didn't actually write the audio data to the file when it shut down. The file was there, it just had no...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD February 21st, 2010, 03:30 PM
Replies: 26
Views: 5,862
Posted By Evan Donn
They do have an add on with magnification that is...

They do have an add on with magnification that is dramatically better than stock, but no idea when it's actually coming out - I got to try it out at the recent FCPUG supermeet. Magnification looks to...
Showing results 226 to 250 of 790

 


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:19 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2026 The Digital Video Information Network