DV Info Net - Search Results
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Search Forums
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Showing results 26 to 50 of 790
Search took 0.04 seconds; generated 52 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: Evan Donn
Forum: Photon Management March 30th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 9,350
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: LED lighting, what about all the stuff to go with it?

I'd disagree - the reason you don't see a lot of that stuff for LED fixtures is that until recently there hasn't been much in the way of hard/focused LED lights. LED panels produce a fairly diffused...
Forum: Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds September 7th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Replies: 52
Views: 26,688
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: New! Sony FDR-AX1 4K Handycam!

I assume they're correcting for the CA electronically like they did with the EX1. Also not sure how much we can judge from a youtube stream, I think they run their 4k at somewhere around 6-8mbits so...
Forum: All Things Audio September 3rd, 2013, 11:10 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 2,761
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: syncing multiple zoom H1s to one camera

I haven't worked with Edius, but in final cut I just throw all the tracks into a single sequence and pluraleyes generally sorts it all out - I've done up to six audio tracks this way.
Forum: BlackMagic Cinema Camera September 1st, 2013, 12:46 PM
Replies: 38
Views: 17,251
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: New Pocket Cam footage

He mentions in the comments on that video that nearly every shot has been stabilized, with most blown up in the 102 -104% range and some as high as 108% - so that's going to add a little softening to...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD June 14th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Replies: 29
Views: 9,013
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: Magi Lantern and RAW workflow doubts

Are you sure about the 'alias-free' part? Several of the mkII tests I've seen look much worse due to the increased detail, whereas the mkIII is very clean.
Forum: Digital Video Industry News June 12th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 2,540
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: Sneak Peek at New Mac Pro 2013

Here's the thing though - those might have been expensive, but if you buy a Mac Pro when it comes out they'll plug right in and keep working. Your initial investment isn't wasted.

I've been...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD June 11th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Replies: 29
Views: 9,013
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: Magi Lantern and RAW workflow doubts

The over-processed skin thing really bugs me - I just had to do some heavy noise reduction on high-ISO 5DmkII footage and ended up adding (better looking) noise back in afterwards to minimize the...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD June 11th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 3,200
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: The old primes vs fast zoom thread

I like fast zooms for convenience, but for low light it's tough to beat the really fast primes. 6400 ISO looks a lot worse on video than in stills in my experience, in fact by 3200 in video things...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD June 11th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Replies: 29
Views: 9,013
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: Magi Lantern and RAW workflow doubts

Sure, but if you don't have the discipline or knowledge you're probably not going to get it right in camera either. If you know what you're doing the post work you do with your footage isn't a 'fix'...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD June 6th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 22,354
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: IPB vs ALL-I doubts

MarkII is IPB. I don't think ALL-I brings any real image quality improvement, either in capture or post. It's basically the same codec, just used in a way that is less efficient but also less...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD June 5th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 22,354
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: IPB vs ALL-I doubts

Couldn't tell the difference in quality, or in editing? I think they're probably a wash in terms of quality - each has it's own shortcomings. The main difference is that IPB requires more processing...
Forum: Digital Video Industry News June 5th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Replies: 117
Views: 34,088
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: Magic Lantern unlocks Canon 5D to shoot 14 bit raw via liveview

Except that the C100 has 4:2:0 24Mbit AVCHD while the C300 has 4:2:2 50Mbit MPEG2 - it wouldn't have cost them more to put the higher quality codec into the cheaper camera, even though everyone...
Forum: BlackMagic Cinema Camera May 29th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 15,660
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: Training resources for DaVinci Resolve?

Color Grading Central has a whole series that is current with version 9 (~$150 for six months access):

DaVinci Resolve Tutorials (http://www.colorgradingcentral.com/davinci-resolve-tutorials)
...
Forum: BlackMagic Cinema Camera May 25th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 11,412
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: Blackmagic Pocket Cam lens?

What's the situation with the older c-mount television zooms? There seem to be quite a few that are wide (10-15mm range), fast (< f/2.0), and have a decent zoom range(5-10x) with constant aperture. I...
Forum: Digital Video Industry News April 11th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Replies: 37
Views: 14,578
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: MoVI BTS Stabiliser Rig

I think you misunderstood what I was suggesting. I'm not talking about software that figures out things like focus or composition for you (i.e. autofocus or autocomposition), I'm talking about...
Forum: Digital Video Industry News April 6th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Replies: 37
Views: 14,578
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: MoVI BTS Stabiliser Rig

It takes multiple people now, but imagine integrating something like this with in-camera face and scene/composition detection. You could then walk through a shot ahead of time and set keyframes that...
Forum: Digital Video Industry News February 12th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 7,011
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: iphone light meter app

Having had some experience developing for both iPhone and Android I'd guess this would be a difficult app to do well for Android. The app currently says it is 'optimized for iphone 5' but is also...
Forum: Digital Video Industry News January 29th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 3,482
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: 1.8-Gigapixel camera...

And here I was all ready to upgrade to a 4K display - I guess I'd better wait another year for the 64k displays that are sure to be showing up at next year's CES so we can all watch this footage...
Forum: Digital Video Industry News January 21st, 2013, 12:40 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 7,011
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: iphone light meter app

The app has a calibration slider, so you can tune the sensitivity to match your camera or traditional light meter.
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD January 11th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,529
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: 5Dmk11 & H4N Zoom

I'd definitely recommend looking into Pluraleyes, I've been using it for years now in interview situations and it does a great job of syncing multiple video clips to a single long audio track for an...
Forum: Photon Management January 4th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 3,517
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: looking for truly portable lighting?

The Rifa's are nice for portability and setup speed, although I find myself using them less and less and preferring to work with the coollights 600 LED panels + softbox. Similar price range, setup...
Forum: Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series November 20th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 10,106
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: How many other 5-year-old cameras are STILL being sold brand new today?

I agree with Mark, none of that really has much to do with the camera. Certainly, the fact that DSLRs can be obtained fairly cheaply means there are more people shooting with them who don't really...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD November 14th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 4,111
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: MKIII - FCPX H264 vs ProRes 422

You won't have more information available to you - as you mentioned, once it's compressed to h.264 in camera you've already thrown the information away - but you may better preserve the info you get...
Forum: Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series September 14th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Replies: 114
Views: 25,576
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: GH3: Buzz buzz b-buzz

You shoot 60p, play it back at 24p, and end up with very nice, smooth slow motion.
Forum: Micro / POV Camera Systems September 7th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 5,795
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: What's up?

I actually agree that there's plenty of missed potential there - I just don't feel like it has much to do with the onboard preamps, and I disagree that anyone would take Sony to task for using low...
Showing results 26 to 50 of 790

 


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:19 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2026 The Digital Video Information Network