DV Info Net - Search Results
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Search Forums
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Showing results 776 to 790 of 790
Search took 0.04 seconds; generated 52 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: Evan Donn
Forum: Tripod Sticks & Heads February 14th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 7,054
Posted By Evan Donn
I'm looking for a good match for an HC1, which I...

I'm looking for a good match for an HC1, which I believe is less than half the weight of a vx2000 - it sounds like it'd probably be way too light for the 503 based on your review. Does anyone know of...
Forum: Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series February 14th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 8,558
Posted By Evan Donn
I think it's a size & resolution issue. You can...

I think it's a size & resolution issue. You can fit three much smaller chips into a compact camera, but then to make them high enough resolution to produce decent HD images the sensors get pretty...
Forum: Blu-Ray Authoring February 14th, 2006, 02:53 AM
Replies: 26
Views: 5,505
Posted By Evan Donn
Are these the discs which come in a cartridge?...

Are these the discs which come in a cartridge? Are they removable from that cartridge? I wasn't clear on this from anything I've seen so far - will this turn out to be similar to the DVD-RAM/DVD-R...
Forum: Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series February 13th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Replies: 61
Views: 29,250
Posted By Evan Donn
here's a chart someone put together: ...

here's a chart someone put together:

http://hdvforever.com/hdv/exposure/

I'm not sure the bit mapping theory/values are correct - his understanding of 'bits' seems incorrect to me, and some...
Forum: Final Cut Suite February 11th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 3,515
Posted By Evan Donn
Now here's a related question I haven't seen a...

Now here's a related question I haven't seen a definitive answer to - if I capture native HDV, edit/composit/effect/correct etc, then export from the timeline to compressor for output to another...
Forum: Blu-Ray Authoring February 11th, 2006, 01:04 AM
Replies: 26
Views: 5,505
Posted By Evan Donn
I think the PS3 will be the big factor in this -...

I think the PS3 will be the big factor in this - when it ships sometime this year (maybe spring, maybe later?) there will suddenly be a million more Blu-ray players out there in a week's time. That's...
Forum: General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition February 10th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,575
Posted By Evan Donn
Ash, Have you read or followed any of the...

Ash,
Have you read or followed any of the long tail meme/discussion? If not, it's very interesting:

http://www.thelongtail.com/

The most recent posts deal with 'blockbusters' - in both film...
Forum: Techniques for Independent Production February 10th, 2006, 03:39 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 3,551
Posted By Evan Donn
it's in the video I posted - I just threw a...

it's in the video I posted - I just threw a levels filter on the background image and put a couple of keyframes in for flashes. Again, it's not perfect, but it depends on what you're going for -...
Forum: Techniques for Independent Production February 9th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 3,551
Posted By Evan Donn
There's probably a better way to do it now, but a...

There's probably a better way to do it now, but a few years ago I built fake rain using a combination of noise and directional blur. Create a black solid, add a lot of noise (monochrome) to it, then...
Forum: Special Mounts and Applications February 9th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 5,102
Posted By Evan Donn
check out iStopMotion from boinx: ...

check out iStopMotion from boinx:

http://www.istopmotion.com/

I know it allows you to overlay the previous frame over the live video; not sure if you can do it with a saved file though.
...
Forum: Final Cut Suite February 8th, 2006, 01:43 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 2,502
Posted By Evan Donn
I think you'll actually get a smoother result...

I think you'll actually get a smoother result sticking with the transfer modes - but the trick is to add in a levels or contrast filter to push the stuff other than the highlights close to black...
Forum: Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series February 6th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 2,368
Posted By Evan Donn
Exactly - if you set it to 4:3 you get a...

Exactly - if you set it to 4:3 you get a letterboxed DV signal, 16:9 gives you an anamorphic DV signal.

I'm not sure if it flags the anamorphic signal as such though - I've only used these...
Forum: Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series February 6th, 2006, 02:01 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 2,368
Posted By Evan Donn
Actually, the hc1 has two of the three 4:3...

Actually, the hc1 has two of the three 4:3 processing options - you can downconvert to anamorphic 16:9 or letterboxed - you can't do a cropped 4:3 output though.
Forum: Techniques for Independent Production February 5th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 31,627
Posted By Evan Donn
In After Effects, select the shot you want to...

In After Effects, select the shot you want to slow down in the project window and from the menu bar choose File>Interpret Footage>Main...

Under "Fields and Pulldown" change the "Separate Fields"...
Forum: Techniques for Independent Production February 3rd, 2006, 05:33 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 3,182
Posted By Evan Donn
What about when using your smart deinterlacer? I...

What about when using your smart deinterlacer? I would assume that would result in a vertical resolution which was not much different than 720p, correct? Except perhaps for very high motion scenes.
Showing results 776 to 790 of 790

 


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:19 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2026 The Digital Video Information Network