Steady stick ?? Spider Brace? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports

Old September 30th, 2007, 11:01 AM   #1
Major Player

Steady stick ?? Spider Brace?

Two questions that sort of go together. First is the original steady stick (99.00 tiffen) still available? BH only has a D&S steady stick pro at 180 and 250?

And the next question, I was thinking of getting a spider brace as it is cheap and looks that it may be convenient at times instead of setting up a steadicam and arm to just shoot some simple shots, but I was also thinking of using a steady stick, and was curious if there was anyway to combine the two by adding the steady stick to the spider brace to take the front weight off for longer runs and perhaps smoother motion?

Anyone know if the original steady stick is still around or what the difference is between that and the new ones?

Thanks
Stephen Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2007, 12:40 PM   #2
Inner Circle

the basic SS is all over Ebay for around $80, I'm sure available elsewhere, it's a decent cheap solution. Don't know about "differences", AFAIK, not much to change in the design... pretty simple stuff!

FWIW, I keep coming back to it myself, as it takes the weight and sends it to the hips insted of lower back... I've added a stretch strap to the upright so I can detach the cam plate and shoulder brace and shoot that way, or reattach as needed, and so it's a "shoulder mount", and a "movable tripod" for me <wink>.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports