shoulder support for HV30 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 4th, 2009, 01:50 PM   #1
Regular Crew

shoulder support for HV30

looking for a sturdy shoulder support for the canon HV30 that will still allow me to attach to my tripod baseplate. would b awesome to find one with a extra cold-shoe adapter on it too. any suggestions?? or plans for homemade one would b cool too thanks,
brendan
Brendan Donohue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009, 02:14 PM   #2
Major Player

Did you do a search Brendan? Check out the MultiRig. It is a very useful tool that Don Bloom informed me about. I will be picking one up soon.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/shoulder-...ro-review.html

JS
John Stakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009, 02:29 PM   #3
Regular Crew

thank you, yes, i've seen the multirig, awesome and flexible, but for almost $500?? no way. There's gotta be something out there for less than $100, probably could be home-made for less than $50..no "special" technology involved..take that $500 and put it towards a nice stabilizer...I'm just talkin a solid shoulder support with threads for a tripod plate
Brendan Donohue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 01:39 AM   #4
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Donohue View Post
looking for a sturdy shoulder support for the canon HV30 that will still allow me to attach to my tripod baseplate. would b awesome to find one with a extra cold-shoe adapter on it too. any suggestions?? or plans for homemade one would b cool too thanks,
brendan
There is no weight support from a shoulder mount bracket. The weight of the camera is to far forward to displace any of the camera weight to the shoulder. Just look in any physics book about load weight displacement and you will see the law of physics makes shoulder brackets worthless.
My system works better then anything out there and the basic platform is $89.50 and the full system for holding mics, mixer, and light is $139.50. I made it so all attachments were on board and could be taken on and off a tripod.
Thomas McTeer, inventor of the Scorpion Support.

Scorpion Support and Thomas McTeer's Photography & Video
Thomas McTeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2009, 11:57 AM   #5
Major Player

It would not be hard to take one of the higher end designs and build one yourself. You would lose the advantage of all the rigging and expansion capability with various other accessories but the final product would suit the purpose without breaking your bank.
Terry Lee is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports