Camera Support Needed - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports

Old September 2nd, 2004, 10:22 PM   #16
Regular Crew

I have to apologize Wayne... I don't know how it happened, but I guess I skipped over that paragraph... sorry!

Looks nice... I like the reference to the "morphology"!:) The "belly brace"... I'll have to consider it, along with the other suggestions.

Don... thanks for your suggestions too.

Looks like I'll probably end up spending at least $150.
Linda Schodowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2004, 09:34 PM   #17
Trustee

I've tried the Mighty Wondercam with the belly bar and it wasn't the most comfortable rig. I try to tripod mount the camera as much as possible and when i do hand held for short duration I haven't really found much better than the mighty wondercam mini rover.

For extended hand held on a budget have a look at the Marzpak. I own one and it's the best money i have ever spent. It's very much like the the Easyrig but at a fraction of the price.

I'm very picky about the quality of my gear and Christie has done a wonderful job at a design and fabrication. the Marzpak was designed by Jaques Mercereau ( a long time member of this site) and his wonderful and talented partner Christie.

$400 and you have a very well made rig that will take all of the weight off of your arms, shoulders and back and transfer it comfotably to your hips.

A big bonus is the unit is made in Michigan and by members of DVinfo.com.

Marzpak site

As several have mentioned the VX2K is front heavy (as are most DV cams) and all of these shoulder mounts do nothing to shift the weight.

Please do a search on the Mini Rover and the marzpak for reams of info.

A review right here on DVinfo.net

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports