DVRigPro - Which Carry Case? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 30th, 2004, 11:20 AM   #1
Regular Crew

DVRigPro - Which Carry Case?

I am trying to order my DVRigPro and there appear to be two different cases. There is the rectangular case shown at B&H and a curved case the local guy wants to sell me. Both cases have the official DVRigPro patch sewn in. I emailed DVTec and he told me there is only one case. Then I sent him photos of the two cases showing they are both official DVRigPro cases and asked the difference and he wrote back "Centimeters, of course". If I weren't in a hurry I'd start my research over again and buy something else. So what's what with the two cases?

-Mike
Mike Shkolnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2004, 12:09 PM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Hello Mike,
I've only seen one case, a rectangular soft-side, for the DVRig Pro.

I have a DVRig Pro myself and would advise that you hold-off on a dedicated case for it altogether. The brace can be stored quite compactly in a very conventional (and probably less costly) case. I use a small duffle bag with padded bottom for mine and it works quite well. The large case that's often marketed for it appears to anticipate that you would store and carry the support in its fully-extended configuration, probably unlikely and certainly not necessary.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2004, 02:11 AM   #3
DV Rig Pro

Hi Ken, I didn't know you own a DvRigPro !

You made me proud.

Happy 2005 to you and all members of this community.

Danny Natovich
Danny Natovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2004, 02:16 AM   #4
Regular Crew

You get around, Danny. I posted the pictures of the two cases on DVXuser. And for those in the forum, Danny wasn't being a smartass. He missed my email asking what the difference was and his "centimeters of course" email was just correcting the omission from his previous email with case dimensions.
Old December 31st, 2004, 02:18 AM   #5
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Happy 2005 to you, too, Danny!

Your DV Rig Pro is simply the best brace design on the planet. Hands-down.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2004, 02:23 AM   #6
DV Rig Pro

Hi Mike,

Hope all is clear on the cases issue.

I will also update the photo in www.dvtec.tv so it will be clear.

Danny.
Old December 31st, 2004, 02:38 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Yes, I just checked DVXuser. Thanks. I figured it was something like that. I ordered the DVRigPro this morning. I'm a little nervous because the guy assured me it would ship today (actually yesterday now) and he would give me the tracking number but he didn't. If all goes well I will get the rig in time and be at CES with the rig and a DVX100A. This will be a true test of how well it does when used all day. :)

-Mike
Old December 31st, 2004, 03:38 AM   #8
DV Rig Pro

Where did you order your DvRig and what is CES ?

Danny.
Old December 31st, 2004, 04:09 AM   #9
Regular Crew

I ordered through Openheimer in Seattle. It is being shipped direct to me from the distributor Ste Man. CES is the Consumer Electronics Show. They will have tons of consumer and prosumer camcorder gear there. I am covering a story for a local newspaper.

-Mike
Old January 12th, 2005, 03:32 PM   #10
New Boot

Hey Mike,

What is your impresion of your Dv Rig after CES.
Yuli Krudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2005, 03:45 PM   #11
Regular Crew

I liked it. It worked well for the intended use. The biggest problem I had with it was people walking up to me and asking about it while I was filming! I couldn't help but laugh at folks with the big heavy cameras on their shoulders.

I did get a little shoulder fatigue. I think I need tips on adjusting it to avoid fatigue. I was using it all day, though. I got an interview with the CEO I wanted (contradicting what his company is doing), so the trip, the equipment, everything was well worth it. Here's the film I am working on:

www.monstersofcrock.com

While I did not have a problem moving my hand for zoom and such, I strongly recommend getting a zoom control on the handle. A lot easier for guerilla shooting. As soon as I figure out what camera to buy (after NAB) I will be getting one.

-Mike
Mike Shkolnik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports