Shoulder bracket <$200 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports

Old July 10th, 2005, 03:10 PM   #16
DV Rig Pro

That's correct

I think most people are posting a general budget range and do not really mean the exact amount.

Danny.
Danny Natovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2005, 03:49 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Natovich
I think most people are posting a general budget range and do not really mean the exact amount.
Fair enough. Danny, I was noticing that the DV Rig Jr has a couple of features not on the Tiffen Steady-Stick which I have. I don't understand "Walking shocks Damping" feature you mentioned though, could you explain what it is or how it works?
Old July 10th, 2005, 04:01 PM   #18
Major Player

It basically uses a spring loaded pole so that instead of just transferring all motion like a pole would, the spring compresses and absorbs the motion. People say it's pretty good, it's no Steadicam, but it's a very good shoulder rig.
Tom Wills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2005, 04:17 PM   #19
DV Rig Pro

Thats a fair description of the suspention pod used with all our supports.

The Junior rig is not a "shoulder brace" its a hip supported suspention pod
with a fluid head that makes a huge difference.

Danny.
Danny Natovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2005, 07:17 PM   #20
Regular Crew

thanks to all your reply, and probably i will try just about what all of you have said, but i'm really having a hard time looking for those kind of shops here in manila, philippines( i'm not used to going around) have to try them out shich one will best fir for my style. thanks folks.
Leonardo Silva Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2005, 08:01 PM   #21
Regular Crew

I received the Varizoom VZ-1SHOOTER Friday and played around with it today. Maybe I don't have it adjusted properly, but it seems to make my arm more fatigued. The weight of the camera is still in the front and the shoulder brace is not doing much good. It needs a bit of weight on the back of it in my opinion, which I'm going to add to see if that stabalizes it a bit.

I'm still working with adjustments to see if I can get it more comfortable. I also have the Spider Brace on order and will compare the 2 when I get it. It all comes down to personal preference.
Sheila Ward is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports