Help finding this flash bracket... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 2nd, 2009, 12:15 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Help finding this flash bracket...

Hi - Im trying to track down this exact flash bracket:

http://tinyurl.com/y8tyvl5

Folds up compact, sturdy looking + a ball head to point a mic / light any which way.

Cannot find it anywhere other than this google link.

If anyone can tell me where to purchase it, I'd be grateful.

Thanks
Dan Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2009, 12:44 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Dan -
They come up from time to time on eBay - don't think it's a currently produced item. I've got one similar, but no ball head, and a Kaiser/Hama that has an articulated head that achieves the same thing.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 02:05 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Dave - can you tell me the model you have that has an articulated head?
And / Or post a pic?

Ive found a few similar with rigid shoes on top - might end up buying a seperate ball-head / shoe adapter if I cant find one like you're describing.

I did find this, but its not as neat / compact to fit in my bag...

Flash Bracket - LH-1 Heavy Duty Ball Head - eBay, Flashes, Photographic Accessories, Cameras. (end time 16-Oct-09 04:28:03 AEDST)
Dan Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 02:48 PM   #4
Inner Circle

HI Dan -

I'm not even sure the model on mine, it came in a lot of old flash brackets from eBay... I presume the articulating head was from Hama/Kaiser, but it's had to pedigree these "secondhand" items!

The fixed shoe flash brackets are quite "common", I've got a bit of a collection of them! Folding ones are less common, but very handy to fold up and stick in a camera bag. I've got a couple small Stratos brand ones I like for this sort of thing.

The ball/articulated head option is pretty hard to find, only run across a couple here and there, probably because the more spread out and "jointed" the mechanism, the harder it is to keep the flash/light stable - it will tend to re-position itself by virtue of the weight! I have small LED lights that don't weigh much, but I wouldn't try to put any larger light/flash on anything I've seen.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports