MicroArm for RedRock EyeSpy at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 25th, 2009, 06:30 PM   #1
Regular Crew

MicroArm for RedRock EyeSpy

I'm wanting to attach a Zoom recorder to the ES shoulder Kit. Is anyone using this setup? Is the long or short arm better. Do you need any other item to make it work or does the Arm just screw in to the basic unit? I don't have a chheeseplate and I'm hoping its not necessary. At first I was told I just need a micromount but the arms look more useful. Thanks.
Peter Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 10:46 AM   #2
Major Player

I think there is a 1/4" female thread on the shoulder mount above the pad (on the shoulder mount rod clamp) and you could use the small/long micro arm right there... or you could get a micromount and a microarm and mount the H4N any where. The micromount has a female 1/4" thread and male 1/4" thread. You could just use the micromount by itself, but you wouldn't have as much flexibility in where the unit is on the shoulder rig. The zoom has the standard 1/4" mounting hole.

Hope this helps!
Cody Dulock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 06:29 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Yeah thanks Cody, I went ahead and bought the Micromount and Arm. It seems to work ok. Best that can be done if I don't get someone to hold a boom with it.
Cheers, peter
Peter Damo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports