Spiderbrace2 & Remote Control at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 10th, 2005, 11:26 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Spiderbrace2 & Remote Control

Hi all,I'm thinking to buy a Spiderbrace2 to use with my PD170 camera but I like to have a remote control to use with the brace so I need an advice about it.
Can you help me?
Any experience?
Some photo?

Thanks in advance.
Maurizio,Italy.
Maurizio Panella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2005, 10:44 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I have the SP2 and use a Varizoom (joystick). Few controllers are small enough to fit on the short piece of handle that the SP2 provides.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2005, 03:50 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Ernest for the answer.
I'm looking to Varizoom VZ Rock.Do you think is a good choice or is it too big to use with Spiderbrace2?

Maurizio.
Maurizio Panella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2005, 02:31 PM   #4
Inner Circle

OK. I just realized I don't have the SpiderBrace2 but just the Spiderbrace (for the XL1). So, you may not have the problem shown in the photos below. Basically, there's only a small place to put a controller unless you stick it so far down the handle that there's little room for your hand. The SP2 seems to have a different design. Judge for yourself I guess.

http://static.flickr.com/35/72507781_52cf746acd.jpg Spiderbrace and Varizoom (Joystick) 1

http://static.flickr.com/35/72507780_b3b16c1105.jpg Spiderbrace and Varizoom (Joystick) 2
Les Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports