My Shoulder Rig for Video & Still Cams at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 16th, 2006, 01:13 AM   #1
Major Player

My Shoulder Rig for Video & Still Cams

Here's the latest version of my shoulder-mount/stabilizer that I'm using for my Sony H5 digital camera. It's mostly the same as several others I've made for my camcorders, such as the Sony VX2100 and Sony EDP-10F/EDW10F docked camcorder. I use a fiberglass baseplate and aluminum tubes and have a 1 Kg. counterweight at the bottom of this one, that is shown in the first picture. I have a Raynox DCR-2020PRO, 2.2X telextender on the Sony H5 camera in this photo. The second picture is a shot I took with this setup.

With this mount, I can zoom in to the full combination magnification of 26.4X and have no trouble holding steady. When shooting video of moving subjects, I swing the handle on the left side forward and hold the rig away from my body. The H5 digital camera has a pretty good video mode and I can shoot a Fine mode 640 X 480 video as long as 50 minutes, with a 4 Gb Pro Duo MemoryStick. For non-moving stills and video, I press the foam pad against my right side. I have other versions with more counterweights and one has an adjustable monopod leg. I started working on the first version 17 years ago. I began by adding attachments to a monopod and it gradually became what you see here.
Attached Thumbnails
My Shoulder Rig for Video & Still Cams-p1010037.jpg   My Shoulder Rig for Video & Still Cams-dsc00196.jpg  

J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports