Ever tried THIS shoulder support? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports

Old December 17th, 2006, 02:31 AM   #1
Trustee

Ever tried THIS shoulder support?

Did anyone ever try this shoulder support:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shoulder-support...QQcmdZViewItem

I have a video innovators s-800 and I feel it's kind of small and awkward to use. The shoulder rest is too small and the cameras ends up way too close to my face. Some month ago I was shooting an interview and after 2 hours of shooting, the s-800 was really bugging me. The shoulder support displayed on this ebay ad actually looks better and it's quite affordable. Anyone?
Rafael Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 10:26 AM   #2
Major Player

It looks pretty darn cool for small cameras. I may just get me one! Thanks for posting.
Old December 17th, 2006, 10:46 AM   #3
Trustee

I was actually thinking about using it with the Canon A1...
Old December 19th, 2006, 05:42 AM   #4
Trustee

I can see that not many people tried it, but many people will try it now. I checked the ebay link and the 10 units sold out. This guy should give me a commission.
Old February 11th, 2007, 02:18 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Does anyone know how to get one of these now? And if so, what are your thoughts of using this with an XH-A1?

I am very much in need for a shoulder-mount solution for the XH-A1. Much too heavy to "palm" this model.

Thanks in advance !!!
Billy Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2007, 11:22 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Im also very interested in some experience with the A1 with this brace...
Hernan Vilchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2007, 04:16 PM   #7
New Boot

I'd love to hear some independant reviews of this brace. It looks like it might get uncomfortable after awhile, but who knows.
Eric Piercey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2007, 04:34 PM   #8
Inner Circle

For what its worth, my experience with these braces, in making and designing different "do-it-yourself" ones I have made, is that the shoulder rest really does nothing for the handy cam type cameras. All the weight is forward and the handgrips are bearing all the weight. So for extended shooting, you still have hand and arm strain. The double grip obviously helps. My current self build and evolving add-on for my FX1 has turned into more of gunstock affair....
Old February 27th, 2007, 04:39 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Perhaps you didn't look at the item, because one of its main features is the counterweight behind your shoulder. They even offer a velcro attached extra weight for when you add things like mattebox, monitor, light, etc. I agree most leave the rig front heavy, but I don't think you can lump this one in that group.
Geoff Dills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2007, 05:00 PM   #10
Inner Circle

Yeah, when I went to the site, I clicked on one of the other adapters, and missed the main one that had been referred to in the post...
Old May 3rd, 2007, 02:00 PM   #11
Regular Crew

The trouble I have with using this rig for A1 is that A1 is pretty heavy, especially on the front (the glass lens and all). So, I don't see how this rig:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=012

really saves you anything. You are supporting the camera with two hands, there's not much counterballance to distribute the weight on the shoulders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael Lopes View Post
I was actually thinking about using it with the Canon A1...
Maksim Yankovskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2007, 11:09 PM   #12
Tourist

Just got one of these today...I love it! It balances the camera (PD 170), and accessories well. The camera site just far enough forward to use the viewfinder as well as the lcd.

I highly recommend it.
Lee Sergent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2007, 11:09 AM   #13
Regular Crew

Could you please post the seller's ID as the link you listed is not longer valid. Thanks.
Old October 10th, 2007, 11:16 PM   #14
Tourist

Here it is... I love it.

Ebay Item number: 220158891825

Lee
Lee Sergent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 08:12 AM   #15
Regular Crew

Just got the CB-105 counter balanced shoulder support for my FX1 ( ebay search no 220158891825 for information). It does a fair job of balancing up the camera - but it still seems a little too front heavy - perhaps it needs an extra weight which the info says is not necessary. My main immediate worry is the screw/washer fixing of the FX1 to the CB-105. It seems a bit loose and allows the camera a 1/2 inch or so of play on the support. Is this as it should be ?
Mike Wade is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports