XH-A1 Shoulder Mount? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports

Closed Thread

Old February 11th, 2007, 12:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

XH-A1 Shoulder Mount?

Okay, so for those of us who own this great little camera, it's not so little! Canon is genius in their development in this camera, all except one thing... failure to keep it in the body design of the XLH1. In other words, it's an ergonomic disaster !!!

I've also purchased the wide-angle lens adapter, which obviously adds more stress to the already heavy strain on my wrist. I try supporting the camera with the left hand, but it's kind of awkward and adds to the shake of handheld video.

Sure - tripod and no problems, right? But how many of us tripod ALL the time? I'm talking about times when you have no other choice but to shoulder, rather, hand hold the camera.

So, to my question... has anyone come across a shoulder mount that has been designed to work with the XH-A1 or has anyone done any homemade design?

It's a shame this camera has so much to offer, yet is an ergonomical nightmare! I hope someone can help me on this one!

Thanks in advance,
Bill
Old February 11th, 2007, 01:09 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Moved from Canon XH to Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports. We have numerous threads about this specific topic already. Please direct any questions or other responses to one of those existing discussions. Thanks,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports