Lady X: Episode 12 released! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old August 22nd, 2003, 06:05 PM   #1
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Lady X: Episode 12 released!

Lady X returns to Istanbul where she assigns a local operative to retrieve something valuable. The agent learns, however, that not all is as it seems and that the "key" to a successful operation lies in deceit and ingenuity.

Watch it now! Go to http://www.ladyxfilms.com and click the "Current Episode" link.

The Lady X Crew

================
Episode 12 Details:

Directed by: Alican Serbest
Produced by: Alican Serbest
Written by: Alican Serbest
Camera: Alican Serbest
Edited by: Alican Serbest

Pyrotechnics: Alican Serbest, Orhan Kavrakoglu, Bora Oztas
Make Up: Nilufer Taskin
Still Photos: Hasan Ali Ertugrul
Visual Effects: Orcun Kayhan, Erkut Cakal

Cast: Asu Aksu (Lady X); Gokhan Demirtas (Courier); Murat Yucesoy (Bad Guy in Blue); Kaya Pasavul (Bad Guy in Black); Orcun Kayhan (The Boss); Case Bringer (Ziya Zengi); Guy in Suit 1 (Onur Ereren); Guy in Suit 2 (Can Burak Cilingir)

Music:
Composed by Erencan Ereren
Performed by Erencan Ereren
Recorded by Onur Ereren
Old August 22nd, 2003, 06:46 PM   #2
Air China Pilot

Alican, I liked the gun shot shots. Was that influenced by the gunshots in "Three Kings"? Also dug the reflection in the sunglasses of Lady X.
Old August 22nd, 2003, 07:42 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I really liked this one. Classic Lady X, exotic locations, action, suspense...congratulations on a job well done.
Tao-ming Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2003, 08:24 PM   #4
New Boot

Alican and crew:

I don’t post much on these boards, but I feel I have to chime in here and give you all a big Bravo Zulu on your episode. It was fantastic, and you should all be proud! If I were voting on the episodes, I would definitely give yours an unqualified 5.

You certainly captured the feel of a spy drama, and your actors each looked and acted his part skillfully--extra kudos to Gokhan and Murat. I was especially impressed with the action sequence… the shootout was really believable (great sound effects behind that, too) and the fight had a heavy substance to it—it reminded me of the old style of movie fighting before everything became wire fu. I am biased, though – I much prefer that old style of fighting I grew up with in shows like the Rockford Files and Mission: Impossible. We did a kung fu sequence in ours because we’re in Asia.

And the Taxi fade – a very clever idea that you pulled off nicely.

Far be it for a Greek to heap praise on a group of Turks, but I have to give credit where credit is due!

Cheers.

Dean
Dean Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2003, 08:51 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Ooh, my post was deleted before I could come back to put my opinion in it.

I would have to say that Episode was my absolute favourite so far. Well done guys and girls. Yours was very consistent in all aspects from the action setpieces to the acting.

At this stage you have my vote to make the final Episode. :)
Old August 23rd, 2003, 12:13 AM   #6
Wrangler

Nice work Alican!

I think you've got the best fight scene so far, and I realli liked the ending where Lday X retrieves... Oops, nearly spoiled it for everyone else!
Old August 23rd, 2003, 02:31 PM   #7
Trustee

Alican

I'm in agreement with the others. Nice job. Your episode had an energy, especially in the second half, that really pulled me in.

Barry
Barry Goyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2003, 02:56 PM   #8
Air China Pilot

I think if you cut it again, you should speed up the taxi transition. It's a bit too slow for a transition, IMO, and speeding it up will take the jerkiness of the handheld out. That transition is a great idea, though.
Old August 24th, 2003, 10:22 AM   #9
Trustee

This was my favorite episode so far. No dialog, no subtitles, just good acting and a fast pace. Well done.

Steve
Old August 25th, 2003, 05:12 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Yep no complaints. The taxi transition was really good and about right in length though a bit too long, like Keith said.
Old September 8th, 2003, 08:06 PM   #11
New Boot

I think this is the best episode so far. I really enjoyed the hell out of it. So far, it's also the only one to do "no dialogue" really well.

Chris
Chris Jones is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work