DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Lady X: Episode 14 released! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/14250-lady-x-episode-14-released.html)

John Locke September 17th, 2003 07:25 PM

Amazing how much trouble they're going to. They must work at a place with lots of computers, or are a student and have access to a computer center. Otherwise, they'd have to reconnect between every vote.

Tao-ming Lin September 17th, 2003 07:57 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by John Locke : Amazing how much trouble they're going to. They must work at a place with lots of computers, or are a student and have access to a computer center. Otherwise, they'd have to reconnect between every vote. -->>>

Actually, it's kind of flattering that everyone sees our episode as the one to target.

Rob Lohman October 5th, 2003 08:17 AM

I've uploaded a SVCD version of my episode @ 480x576 25 fps
on a server of my own. The file comes in at 89 MB.

If you want to take a higher quality look right-click on this
link and choose Save Target As or something similar.

Moderator's note: this download is no longer available!

Yow Siang October 14th, 2003 02:23 AM

LadyX on GL/XM2?

Hi Wondering is there any episode being film by a GL or XM2?

yowsiang

Aaron Koolen October 14th, 2003 02:40 AM

Yow, My episode (26) is shot with my XM2. Gotta wait a wee while before you can see it though ;)

Cheers
Aaron

John Locke October 14th, 2003 02:43 AM

Yow,

So far (these are all linked...click 'em if you want to check them out)...

Episode 06 - Emin Firat Övür - Canon GL2
Episode 07 - Ali Imran Zaidi - Canon GL2
Episode 12 - Alican Serbest - Canon XM1
Episode 15 - Barry Goyette - Canon XL1s & GL2
Episode 19 - John Heskett - Canon GL2

And coming up...

Episode 23 - Ronnie Grahn - Canon XM2
Episode 25 - John Lee - Canon GL2
Episode 26 - Aaron Koolen - Canon XM2

That's from our initial list. Some things have changed in the lineup since then, so I may have overlooked one or two.

Yow Siang October 14th, 2003 06:22 AM

ohhhhhhhh....... okay... am waiting eagerly to see it.....

ys

John Heskett October 14th, 2003 06:24 AM

Our Episode 19 is 95% GL2. We used the XL1 on one scene only and as camera #2.

Yow Siang October 14th, 2003 07:17 AM

XL1 as a second camera? hmmm.. thought that this cam is meant to be more pro than XM2?

ys

Peter Sieben October 14th, 2003 02:53 PM

I think the XM2 is a better spy camera compared to the XL1S, for making shots in secret from Lady X ;-)

John Heskett October 14th, 2003 03:10 PM

Peter you're funny.

There are advantages to both the XL1 and the XM2/GL2. Even though they are similar in the final result, I wanted to shoot most with the GL2 because that is the camera I'm most familiar with. I can tell which were shot with the XL1 and which with the GL2 just by looking at the footage. I prefer the look I get from the GL2 when it comes to the color and crispness (not sharpness). I also prefer the framing from the XL1 over the GL2. Soooo, I used the XL1 for b-roll and close angles. And besides all that, I own the GL2 and a friend owns the XL1.
I am by far not an expert, but I'm learning more all the time.

Yow Siang October 14th, 2003 05:47 PM

Guys...
Would like to know... is it possible to make an entire movie/drama (1-2hours) with just one camera? that means double take is always need for conversation? or it is a norm that 2 cameras or more is used?

ys

John Locke October 14th, 2003 06:04 PM

Yow,

Buy the double DVD with El Mariachi and Desperado by Robert Rodriguez. The first film, El Mariachi, was shot with one camera...actually just him...no other crew besides the actors chipping in to help. There are extras on the DVD where Rodriguez explains how he did it.

Then go out and make yours!