Lady X: Episode 14 released! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old September 8th, 2003, 06:45 AM   #1
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Lady X: Episode 14 released!

Local operatives have a shocking experience when Lady X arrives on the scene in the The Netherlands.

Watch Episode 14 now! Go to http://www.ladyxfilms.com and click the "Current Episode" link.

The Lady X Crew

================
Episode 14 Details:

Directed by: Rob Lohman
Produced by: Rob Lohman & Bart de Nes
Director of Photography: Rob Lohman
Camera: Rob Lohman & Bart de Nes
Written by: Rob Lohman

Audio: Bart de Nes
Still photos: Martine Bosch & Bart de Nes

Cast: Martine Bosch (Lady X); Bart de Nes (Alive Agent); Rob Lohman (Dead Agent)

Music: Composed and performed by Bart de Nes
Old September 8th, 2003, 09:55 AM   #2
Air China Pilot

Good job Rob

Rob, that was very smooth. Your camera angles, exposure, composition top notch. I especially like the 3D composition where the submachinegun carrying guard is standing in the foreground, silhouetted, while the two other agents do their business in the foreground.

I really liked the sunglasses revealing the code business. Good concept and well done FX.

I like the location where the largeish agent was being tortured. Looked like just the place to do something like that. I think you should have cut that shot of him jerking about when he is shocked down, though, as it his performance isn't quite up to par.

I am also really impressed by the 'grade' of the film. The bleached out look, did you color grade your film so that it looked yellowy throughout all the shots? A filter? It really added quite a bit to the atmosphere.

Two asides:
I can see a lot of people have had trouble with the "Lady X somehow gets away at the end" business. I don't remember it being done well, yet.

Q. This question is related to others who chose not to have dialogue on their Lady X Episode. Why no dialogue?
Old September 8th, 2003, 09:59 AM   #3
Air China Pilot

By the way, with only 8 ratings and it starting off with a 2.8/5.

Obviously, there's someone giving this a big fat ONE right off the bat.

WHO THE HELL IS RATING THIS A 1?
Old September 8th, 2003, 10:20 AM   #4
Trustee

Rob,

Beautiful locations and photography...impressive job. Did that dental work hurt?

Barry
Barry Goyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2003, 10:22 AM   #5
Regular Crew

In total quality, I think this is the best of the series to date. Throughout the series I have been hoping for a stronger storyline. Without dialogue a strong story is tough to come up with. Nonetheless, I thought this episode had a logical flow, which kept continuity. Episode 14 stands above the crowd. It looks to me like Rob Lohman is in very strong running for producing the final episode.
Old September 8th, 2003, 11:13 AM   #6
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Keith Loh : By the way, with only 8 ratings and it starting off with a 2.8/5.

Obviously, there's someone giving this a big fat ONE right off the bat.

WHO THE HELL IS RATING THIS A 1? -->>>

Come on, Keith, you know the ratings system is far from perfect. People can vote multiple times, and it's just human nature that people will purposely vote strenuously against rival projects. I don't think any of us can take the ratings seriously at all. I thought this one was one of the best shot episodes as far as cinematography goes, but I'm not going to vote on it or any other episode, not only because I would be biased, but because the system just doesn't work.
Tao-ming Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2003, 11:33 AM   #7
Trustee

I agree, I've not voted on any of the projects...it just doesn't seem right. I hope that none of this group would purposely downgrade a project for competition purposes...I'd like to believe that if someone gave this or any film a 1 (or a 5), it was because they felt it deserved it.

Barry
Barry Goyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2003, 11:39 AM   #8
Major Player

Nice work

Hi Rob,

Nice work. Great mood and build up of tension. I like the colorization, which really added to the atmosphere. Your editing style has a cool pace, gives scenes time to breathe. The ending of the story could be less straight-forward. Nice locations, not only the "hunnebedden" but also the empty building, did me think a bit of The Matrix and Reservoir Dogs.

I'm not too comfortable any more going to the dentist next time.

Peter
Old September 8th, 2003, 12:12 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Come on Lin,
You really think any of the producers would purposefully down grade another's episode? I have not seen any evidence of anything like that. To even suggest it is bad taste. When it is all said and done, I will vote for the producer I think will do the best job. That way the final episode will be the best representation of the series and that will reflect well on myself and my work even if I don't get to produce the final.
Old September 8th, 2003, 12:53 PM   #10
Air China Pilot

Lin, I did not suggest that a rival producer was voting anything down. I was just amazed that anybody would give such a strong episode a low rating.
Old September 8th, 2003, 05:36 PM   #11

There is definitely a fly in the ointment...within 10 minutes of posting the announcement, he received two "1" ratings.

Ah well...let the little cretin enjoy their power trip. We all know quality when we see it...and we know what a dolt this juvenile voter is. Don't acknowledge them.

Rob...that scene with the tooth-pulling literally had me squirming.
Old September 8th, 2003, 05:49 PM   #12
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by John Heskett : Come on Lin,
You really think any of the producers would purposefully down grade another's episode? -->>>

John Locke sent me a severed horses head with a note stuck to it that said "you".
Old September 8th, 2003, 05:54 PM   #13

I sent that to you!? Then...who got the gift fruitcake?
Old September 8th, 2003, 06:07 PM   #14
Wrangler

I dunno, but the horses head was tasty.

Rob, great photography. I'm curious as to how you achieved that look. I love it. So far my favorite episode for camera work have been #4 and #5, but I think you might edge them out.

Now, my criticisms... I didn't get the story. Agent A wants agent B's tooth, Ok, but what's with the flashback-y type effects? I felt it was weak in terms of story.

But on the other hand... The dentist scene was great! I almost had to turn away when he was ripping at the tooth with the pliers! Very nice!

I liked the electrocution scene, up until you showed the guy twitching. You need to fire that actor and make sure he never works in your town again! ;) Seriously though, it was a little weak, in that thats not what people look like when they get electrocuted. Still the lead up was good, very good.

What kind of car was that?
Old September 8th, 2003, 06:44 PM   #15
Regular Crew

Excellent photography and a well done movie. However, I must say that my co-workers and I didn't understand the point of the tooth and the significance of the guy who lost his tooth. Still it was a lot of fun watching.

As far as those 1's, there is something going on. I was the first to rate episode 13 and when I pressed enter, there was one more rating ..... and it was a 1. That bugs me. I agree it's probably not one of the producers but It could be one of the actors/actress's who wants to be able to tell someone they were in the winning episode of LadyX. Who knows?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work