DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Lady X: Episode 14 released! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/14250-lady-x-episode-14-released.html)

Ronnie Grahn September 9th, 2003 05:52 PM

Hehe, no need to apologize.
What is it they say; "Great minds thinks alike"? ;)

What program did you use for your filters?

Rob Lohman September 10th, 2003 02:24 AM

Or perhaps we should make that sick minds... <g>

I did all the video work in Vegas 4.0d. Editing & post production.
Audio was done primarely in Cubase SX & Wavelab and then
integrated back into Vegas.

Aaron Koolen September 10th, 2003 03:36 AM

Thanks for the tips Rob. Yeah being rushed is my main problem. I think I have to go fast cause of 3 other people working on the job in various forms + actors makes it hard to take your time. It was definately obvious in one of the small scenes I shot. All the footage sucks and I have to try and find time to shoot that again.

You know, I think ideally I'd work like Stanley Kubrick.........2 setups a day ;)

Cheers
Aaron

Rob Lohman September 11th, 2003 04:41 AM

2 setups a days would be too slow (unless very complicated shots).

That would mean it would have taken me more then 50 days
to shoot my little short. Dang.

John Locke September 11th, 2003 04:47 AM

Isn't Robert Rodriguez' record something like 70 setups in one day?

Rob Lohman September 11th, 2003 05:00 AM

I think.... Mine is currently standing at 66. Did I explain your
question good enough, John?

Aaron Koolen September 11th, 2003 01:46 PM

Shit, 70 setups! Ok, I need to get quicker at doing my shots ;)

Does he come from the school of "Get anything and everything you can" and work out if it's any good in editing? ;)

Aaron

Dan Holly September 12th, 2003 10:30 PM

Rob

The scene where the car is in the foreground and the mini Stonehenge is in the background (next to last shot of the car) is by far the best I've seen so far.

It completely shows the XL series at it's best, great work.

Tao-ming Lin September 17th, 2003 10:56 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Dylan Couper : That is pretty strange. Our Episode 13 dropped quite a bit recently, but to bring an average down when you have over 1000 ratings is crazy. It's a bummer, but at least it doesn't affect the overall winner. FWIW, Episode 4/5 is still my favorite. Besides mine of course..! ;) -->>>

Thanks for the compliment. Predictably, just after the release of the last episode, Episode 5 got another rush of 1 ratings, taking it down to 2.9 I think. With almost 3,000 ratings (more ratings than viewings, actually), we're the most-rated episode by a factor of almost 10, as all the other episodes only have a few hundred ratings at most. Just more proof that nobody should get worked up about your ratings-- They're irrelevant. What's important is that we're all producing stuff, in many cases good stuff, and I for one can't wait to see the rest of the episodes.

Dylan Couper September 17th, 2003 07:16 PM

Heh, you are down to 2.6 now. It's starting to get funny. :)

John Locke September 17th, 2003 07:25 PM

Amazing how much trouble they're going to. They must work at a place with lots of computers, or are a student and have access to a computer center. Otherwise, they'd have to reconnect between every vote.

Tao-ming Lin September 17th, 2003 07:57 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by John Locke : Amazing how much trouble they're going to. They must work at a place with lots of computers, or are a student and have access to a computer center. Otherwise, they'd have to reconnect between every vote. -->>>

Actually, it's kind of flattering that everyone sees our episode as the one to target.

Rob Lohman October 5th, 2003 08:17 AM

I've uploaded a SVCD version of my episode @ 480x576 25 fps
on a server of my own. The file comes in at 89 MB.

If you want to take a higher quality look right-click on this
link and choose Save Target As or something similar.

Moderator's note: this download is no longer available!

Yow Siang October 14th, 2003 02:23 AM

LadyX on GL/XM2?

Hi Wondering is there any episode being film by a GL or XM2?

yowsiang

Aaron Koolen October 14th, 2003 02:40 AM

Yow, My episode (26) is shot with my XM2. Gotta wait a wee while before you can see it though ;)

Cheers
Aaron