Short Christmas video - Our first Christmas as a married couple at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old February 19th, 2009, 05:16 PM   #1
New Boot

Short Christmas video - Our first Christmas as a married couple

Hey guys,

Check out and critique a short little video that I did a quick edit of my first Christmas as a married man. Its nothing too crazy, but I did enjoy editing it. I didn't really spend too much time establishing shots on the day since, you know... it was Christmas day. Love my wife and my family though and you gotta document it, right?

Let me know what you guys think...

Rio and David Sager - 2008 Christmas on Vimeo

Cheers,
David Sager
David Sager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2009, 10:43 PM   #2
Major Player

Frankly, I loved it. I think it something you two will cherish revisiting for many years to come.

Technically, I liked the pull zoom you used, and I usually dislike zooming. You used it nicely I thought. I liked the quick straight cuts and varying camera angles and changes between extreme close-ups and wider shots.... The hand held jerkiness and jitter did not detract in my viewing, and in fact who would set up a tripod in that situation anyway.

It was a nice way to capture that day and your video shared it well. Nice pacing, colors and... oh, did I mention you have a beautiful wife ?

Be happy and keep sharing it with us.

Chris S.
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work