New short made with homemade MINI35 kit. - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old February 22nd, 2004, 01:56 PM   #31
Air China Pilot

<<<-- Originally posted by Dustin Waits : Sorry for my ignorance, but what is mini35? -->>>

No need to apologize. But do use the "search" button located on the top right hand corner of your DV Info screen.
Old February 23rd, 2004, 01:52 AM   #32
Major Player

Holy Crap! what a good movie!

Did you use an Agus35 or an Alain35? It looks static
Old February 23rd, 2004, 02:11 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Thank you very much !!

It's a static one, but really simple, look at one of the previous messages for infos, here is the picture:

http://www.originalversion.net/temp/makingof01.jpg
Olivier Vanaschen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 12:09 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Olivier,

What I can not see in you picture is the connection between the Canon and the 35mm. Are you viewing straight through the 35mm or off of Ground Glass? Do you have any pictures without the cover on the cameras?
Old February 23rd, 2004, 01:01 PM   #35
Regular Crew

We are looking directly in to the F-2 ground glass. I don't have a picture without it I think.
Old February 24th, 2004, 09:17 AM   #36
Major Player

whoa... you are shooting down into a 35mm SLR.

I agree, really simple and ingenius.

What about moving the camera? were you able to get around without a ton of trouble?

Did you build a tripod mount or a set of legs for your wooden support stand?
Kevin Burnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2004, 12:26 PM   #37
Regular Crew

We had a lot lot trouble moving the camera. Every exterior shot was done handheld, then stabilized in post. For the interior shots we had an ironing table as support. If you look at the making of picture, you can see it. It had nice flowers on it :-)

We're so excited after building the kit, we didn't want to spend more time building a support stand :-) We did suffer a lot during the shoot but it was fun, you have so much liberty when you don't have a tripod at all.
Old March 2nd, 2004, 10:50 AM   #38
Regular Crew

Olivier, did YOU do that water/car/soda advertisement? I mean, wasn´t it taken from TV? Man, that is pro stuff... How about that effect of the bottle coloured while everything else was almost BW? How did you do that? Did you use any kind of filter for the fog/diffusion effect on that same sequence?
Old March 3rd, 2004, 09:14 AM   #39
Regular Crew

Hello Gustavo

yes we did those fake bad commercials :-) We're really pleased you'll like it.

For the water ad, we did use the hue/saturation and push everything to -100 excepted blue and cyan, then used some color balance too. We did use a plugin called Grain Surgery to remove the grain, if you push the parameters, it makes the picture softer, a bit like a nice mist filter. We did that and we also put some gaussian blur on another layer.

I've uploaded new files to both servers, a bit smaller (42mb) and better quality (way sharper, less noise)

The website is on his way, still a lot of work to do, be patient :-)

Thanks again everybody,

Olivier & Sebastien
www.anotherstateofmind.be
Old March 4th, 2004, 10:14 AM   #40
Regular Crew

After several failed attempts at downloading this one, I did. After waiting for my boss to go into a meeting for the past week to watch this it finally happened and I'm happy to say I really thought this was a great short. Visually it was really amazing. The acting was very solid. Marla was a very compelling character. What are you guys planning on doing with this short? Are you sending it out to festivals?
Steve Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2004, 04:46 PM   #41
Regular Crew

this is real brillant stuff.

your work will surely inspire the rest of us i'm sure. how did you do the slo-mo on that ad? wow wow wow

2 Thumbs Up!
John Chia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2004, 04:40 PM   #42
Regular Crew

Thank you so very much !!!! :-)

We're now working on the movie's website, where we will upload as much information as possible. Everything will not be ready at the site's launching but we planned to post fullres pics, teaser, trailer, making-of pictures and infos, trailer in DV so you can check it on TV,... still a lot of work to do but we want to share it as much as possible.

We'll send it to festivals, and also to production companies, agents,... we spent three months working hard on this, we now need to find work, unless we'll have problems paying the bills :-)

We did the slo-mo in After Effects using RetimerRT plugin.

Thanks again,

Olivier & Sebastien
Old March 10th, 2004, 09:07 PM   #43
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Olivier Vanaschen : Thank you so very much !!!! :-)

We'll send it to festivals, and also to production companies, agents,... we spent three months working hard on this, we now need to find work, unless we'll have problems paying the bills :-)

Olivier & Sebastien
www.anotherstateofmind.be -->>>

Would there not be some legal issue with the fact you used some one elses character? I have no idea I was just wondering if that is the case or not.
Lathe Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2004, 03:36 AM   #44
Regular Crew

Maybe yes, but as long there's no commercial use of it, I think it'll be OK. We just want people to see it and share everything we can.
Old March 18th, 2004, 01:09 PM   #45
Regular Crew

marlathemovie.com is online

Hello all,

the website for the movie is online. You'll find the teaser, trailer, full-res stills, making-of pictures, deleted scenes,... we're still working on the technical guide (mini35 how-to, post,...), it'll be online monday.

Here the url: http://www.marlathemovie.com

Hope you'll like it,

Olivier & Sebastien
www.marlathemovie.com
Olivier Vanaschen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work