Check Out These Dv Commercials - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old March 8th, 2004, 12:13 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Check Out These Dv Commercials

Dylan your crazy dude, the BMW one was sweet, it was not the typical car driving/someone talking about the car/picking up the kids type commercial. Please note I am not slaming you but his commercials are very unique. The xbox was off the hook and the sony one was really sweet too. Keep up the good work dude.

Good work dude

<<<-- Originally posted by Joseph Perez : Hello to all,

Joe Perez here - I've been using a SONY VX-2000 and some lights I picked up at Home Depot -

I shot 3 commercials, all on DV.. you can view them at..

http://www.xenofilms.com

Let me know what you guys think,

thanks,

joe -->>>
Old March 8th, 2004, 01:03 PM   #17
Wrangler

Re: Re: Check Out These Dv Commercials

<<<-- Originally posted by Ozzie Leon : Dylan your crazy dude, the BMW one was sweet, it was not the typical car driving/someone talking about the car/picking up the kids type commercial. Please note I am not slaming you but his commercials are very unique. The xbox was off the hook and the sony one was really sweet too. Keep up the good work dude.

Good work dude

-->>>

Ozzie, there is no question that I am indeed somewhat crazy. The question is, what type of crazy? Gentle old man talking to the water fountain in the park type crazy? Or psychopathic waiting in the shadows of the underground parking lot with a length of steel pipe type crazy? I like to think a healthy mix of the two, and I think my court appointed psychiatrist would agree.

Anyway, on to your comments. Yes, there is no question that his commercials are unique. I said it several times that his work is indeed excellent, and professional quality. I would hire him to shoot and edit in a heart beat. Don't worry, I don't take your comments personaly. I can see why you would think that way. My negative comments are based on the fact that commercials are not just pretty short films, but are actualy intended to make you think a specific way. They are used to put the name of the manufacturer in your head, or to make you want to buy a specific product. The BMW and XBox commercials do not do this, at least not for me. The Sony one does. That's why I said that although they are very pretty to look at, they wouldn't make great commercials. If he took the BMW commercial, and put a Canon logo at the end, it would be the same commercial, and make me feel the same way.

Anyway, I'm late for my shock therapy. See you in the parking lot!

;)
Old March 8th, 2004, 04:49 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Re: Re: Re: Check Out These Dv Commercials

I work in the medical field maybe i can get some of my doc to give you an evaluation ( haha) anyway man i am glad to see you have some humor in you. I do get your point and man what a way to bring a product to the front. Like you I would hire him in a minute to do a project for me. Anyway peace out and happy filmmaking

<<<-- Originally posted by Dylan Couper : <<<-- Originally posted by Ozzie Leon : Dylan your crazy dude, the BMW one was sweet, it was not the typical car driving/someone talking about the car/picking up the kids type commercial. Please note I am not slaming you but his commercials are very unique. The xbox was off the hook and the sony one was really sweet too. Keep up the good work dude.

Good work dude

-->>>

Ozzie, there is no question that I am indeed somewhat crazy. The question is, what type of crazy? Gentle old man talking to the water fountain in the park type crazy? Or psychopathic waiting in the shadows of the underground parking lot with a length of steel pipe type crazy? I like to think a healthy mix of the two, and I think my court appointed psychiatrist would agree.

Anyway, on to your comments. Yes, there is no question that his commercials are unique. I said it several times that his work is indeed excellent, and professional quality. I would hire him to shoot and edit in a heart beat. Don't worry, I don't take your comments personaly. I can see why you would think that way. My negative comments are based on the fact that commercials are not just pretty short films, but are actualy intended to make you think a specific way. They are used to put the name of the manufacturer in your head, or to make you want to buy a specific product. The BMW and XBox commercials do not do this, at least not for me. The Sony one does. That's why I said that although they are very pretty to look at, they wouldn't make great commercials. If he took the BMW commercial, and put a Canon logo at the end, it would be the same commercial, and make me feel the same way.

Anyway, I'm late for my shock therapy. See you in the parking lot!

;) -->>>

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work