HD BMX trailer - 5D, HVX, 16mm, super 8mm at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old August 2nd, 2009, 01:33 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HD BMX trailer - 5D, HVX, 16mm, super 8mm

This is a trailer for an upcoming BMX film I directed for Mutiny Bikes called "Let's Get Mystical"

We have been shooting for just over one year and are about to release the film on DVD and Blu-ray.

I've shot this film in a lot of different formats. Mostly with the HVX-200, but also a lot with the 5D, Scoopic 16mm and Canon 814XLS Super 8 camera. I had all the film transfered to HD via Cinelicious. I've been loving the 5D lately especially doing time-lapses. 3 of the time-lapses in this trailer are done with an intervalometer with the 5D in photo mode. The time-lapse of the freeway in Vancouver though, was done with the Scoopic.

Mutiny Bikes "Let's Get Mystical"

You can read more about the production here - Mutiny Bikes – Let’s Get Mystical | Defgrip

Thanks for checking it out!

Joe
Joe Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2009, 01:48 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey Greg, have seen your shoots on vimeo or youtube (didn't remember) but this cinematic view is amazing.

Keep on ride & shoot! Please!

Love this tricks on bikes and your film. Very well done.

(We are mtb fans, don't know if is noticeable, haha!)
Juan Todoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 08:24 AM   #3
New Boot

This is a great film, really well done! A nice vintage feel combined with the modern style. Love it.
Rene de Haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 10:42 AM   #4
Trustee

Very well done. It also looked very good on smugmug. They have great encoding for the web.
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 02:58 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Williams View Post
Very well done. It also looked very good on smugmug. They have great encoding for the web.
Hmm, interesting. I haven't heard of these guys before but thought that this video looked great online.
Anyway, I really thought some of the shots were great for this genre of film... I particularly loved the shot of the spider and web in focus with the BMX rider do their trick in the background.
Sweet.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work