"escape" short film at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old April 27th, 2004, 05:47 AM   #1
Tourist

"escape" short film

Hey everyone!

Here is a little project I've been working on and am far enough along now to have something to show. Check out the
escape
page and let me know what you think.

Please be kind - this is the first project like this I've worked on to this extent.
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:31 AM   #2
Regular Crew

nice

YEAH...finally some good old fashioned Sci-fi.

I really liked it.Nice props and a lot of enthusiasm... Let me know when the project is finished.

GREAT JOB...
Christian Hede Madsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2004, 06:12 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I went over your site. The work you are doing looks really impressive and creative, loved those home made spaceship interior and exterior designs!!. I hope to see some updates and trailer soon.
Old May 8th, 2004, 07:10 PM   #4
Air China Pilot

That animatic with the storyboards rocked.
Old May 28th, 2004, 01:05 AM   #5
Major Player

WOW.
Scott Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2004, 05:52 AM   #6
Trustee

VERY COOL!

Keep up the great work because it's inspiring!

Murph
Old May 30th, 2004, 10:32 PM   #7
Tourist

Thanks folks!

Just wanted to let you all know I have finally posted a few clips online!

http://www.morgankeithstudios.com/escape/

There is a :30 trailer and a few reel clips of some of the model shots that were composited in AE.
Old June 1st, 2004, 07:03 AM   #8
Regular Crew

That is a great website. I love the way you show the before and after in creating the green screen effects. That's a great green screen setup you have ... large enough for the full body shots.

I would love to see the movie.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 10:26 AM   #9
Major Player

Patrick,
This looks great! I have been visiting your site pretty regurlarly since your first post, and I must say it is an inspiration! I now have my own collection of packing foam and bottle caps. I am a packaging tech so I have an unfair advantage! Those clips, just like everything else on your site, look awesome I don't think you need any one to be overly kind to you- you're doing some good work. You deserve a big slap on the back just for showing your enitire process in such a comprehensive way. I would love to see this thing in it's entirity.
Keep it up!
Michael
" When some wild-eyed, eight foot tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head against a bar room wall, and looks you crooked in the eye, and he asks you if you've payed your dues, well, you just stare that big suker right back in the eye, and you remember what old Jack Burton always says at a time like that, 'Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yes sir, the check is in the mail."
Michael Gibbons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2004, 10:41 AM   #10
Trustee

Weird, but I can't get the movie to play because it stops downloading at 11.9 megs and it says it's 12.9 megs total. Does your server have a download cap?

UPDATE TO POST:

I got the download to work, but it took like 5-6 tries for some reason. Great job...it's very Hollywood because of the music. You did that music in GarageBand??? Damn, I need to get in there and play with that I think....

Murph
Old August 14th, 2004, 07:35 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Patrick,
I just found this thread, and looked at the website completely. I have been given a profound sense of hope and determination. You have shown me that with the proper resources, grit, and chutzpah...one can accomplish a magnificent vision. I salute you sir, for all you have done with this project, and your desire to show anyone who is willing to see it. I'll keep hoping I can purchase a DVD of this project off of you. I would love to show all my friends what can be accomplished "on a shoestring budget" as you said. I thank you for this wonderful and generous gift you have given my friends, the community here, and myself. Good luck in your future works!
Old August 15th, 2004, 11:56 AM   #12
Air China Pilot

Patrick, I just saw your new trailer.

The spaceship 3D needs to be rerendered with another light source. I really couldn't make out the spaceships at all.
Old August 16th, 2004, 12:28 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Looks very cool! What sort of material is the green screen? Did you order it or was it homemade?

I dig the crane too!
David Chao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2004, 04:51 PM   #14
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by David Chao : Looks very cool! What sort of material is the green screen? Did you order it or was it homemade?

I dig the crane too! -->>>

This is a quote directly from his website "We decided to use wallboard for the surface of our cyclorama since it is strong, smooth and flexible and Michael happened to have a pallette of it readily available. Each section is 8' x 4' and 1/8th inch thick. Here, Michael is inspecting the first sections of wallboard we tacked up. It was fixed to the studs with small finishing nails. " The wallboards were masonite panels.
Old August 18th, 2004, 11:03 AM   #15
Regular Crew

What kind of a budget have you got for this project? It looks like it could be really cool.
Ryan Mattos is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work