BitterSweet - award winning short movie online - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old November 5th, 2004, 06:42 PM   #16
Major Player

hi

strange intro of the women, very grey looking video-look. Then the real intro of th emovie. Nice. Then the man coughing on the streets. On the zoom in you let me down, cause the head of the actor wasn't focused. So it looked weird. I had to wait 2 seconds to see the man's face. Just doesn't seem logical. The movie takes too long and the yellow looking scene on the beach takes a tadd too long as well and you can feel teh dancers aren't comfortable there. NIce see and outside scenes. I love the sound of nature there. And the transition effects were strange as well (from ebach to room where the old women was lying ). Try to cut more and try to introduce more motion and more storytelling. MOre facts. MORE information!.
Jose di Cani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2004, 07:36 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Peter..
I think you will appreciate a great B type comedy/horror movie. If it's been released over there, definiutely rent or buy 'Bubba Ho-Tep'.
Bruce Campbell as Elvis Pressley and Ozzy Davis as John F. Kennedy are great. Brings an insitefull view to the state of our elderly (in any society). And truly funny too.

Look it up in imdb for a synopsis.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2004, 02:16 AM   #18
Major Player

Jose, thanx for your review. The focussing of the head of the actor is due to heavy QT compression, the real movie is sharp. I cut to a close-up using the moment somebody walks between the old man and camera. Yes, at the dance scene you can tell from the guy his face that he's very cold (it's almost freezing!). The transitions to the flash backs were done on purpose like this, it's a matter of style and personal taste I think. I agree that the cutting could be more tight, but in a wat we wanted to have a slowely told story. How often do we see eldery people just doing what they are doing?
We often heard people saying about BitterSweet how much was going on in just 8 minutes.

Joe, never heard of that movie. Looking at the imdbpro.com site it looks very interesting to watch. I've never seen it over here (The Netherlands) in stores or the video rentals. I might have a better look. I'm not sure what the connection is with BitterSweet, other then they share eldery people in the plot ;-)
Old November 9th, 2004, 01:20 PM   #19
RED Code Chef

Peter: I have Bubba (weird movie indeed) in my collection here,
help me remember and I'll bring it over next time we meet!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work