Wildlife in Singapore at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old August 23rd, 2009, 09:48 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Wildlife in Singapore

Hi all,

After a long long time of shooting, I finally got a showreel of the wildlife I have shot in Singapore done up. All footage was shot with the Canon H1 with the stock lens and a couple of EF lenses.

This showreel will be submitted to organisations for funding and support and in due time, I hope to be doing a longer form of docu of the diminishing state of mother nature here in Singapore.

Wildlife of Singapore..... on Vimeo

Looking forward to any comments.

Cheers

Weehan
Old August 25th, 2009, 11:12 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I like your work. Are you using any sort of follow focus? Your pulls are very smooth.

-Stanley
Stanley Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 03:34 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Stanley,

Thanks alot. Im using the Redrock FF Unit. Its pretty smooth but I dun really fancy the lens gears. They prevent the full rotation of some lenses that have a long focusing range....

Cheers

Weehan
Old August 31st, 2009, 06:02 AM   #4
Tourist

Thank you very much for sharing this amazing video. I really really like your work. I am of the opinion that it is very good. Would definitely love to see more of your work. Maybe you can post some other videos you have made. I would appreciate to see more.
Marley Deborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2009, 03:48 AM   #5
Trustee

Weehan,
I was very impressed by how sharp your video was. What resolution and framerate did you shoot those shots? What was your workflow from camera to vimeo?
Thanks for sharing such an incredible reel! Must have taken a very long time to get those shots!
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 11:57 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi Marley,

Thank you very much for the kind words. Im using this to push for some funding from a few organisations to make a much longer full-featured docu. That will definitely take some years and holding a fulltime job is not helping my timings at all.

Warren,

Thank you very much too. I shoot at 50i, shutter speed is usually 1/50 but that can vary to about 1/150 as there is way too much light at times and I do not always bring my nd filters out (which I really should!). I really wished for the H1 to have ND filters on the body itself rather than on the stock lens. That will negate the need to bring screw-on filters out. Lenses I use are Canon 180 macro and Voightlander 125 macro. Both are superbly sharp with the latter having an edge.

For workflow, I just dump all the footage natively into FCP (no Prores here) and edit and grade it a little in Color. Compressor was used for the encoding. I will check my settings at home and post it here but they are pretty general.

Cheers

Weehan

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work