Finally done =) Musicvideo shot on DVCAM - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old October 24th, 2002, 08:51 AM   #16
Regular Crew

I had to sync it in post manually. Unfortunately i had to do it by audio reference from the built in PD100 mic since we didn't get a direct feed from the sound system into the camera.

Slates would have worked also but forget timecode slates unless you have a totally synced system (ie. the timecode slate connects to the camera's timecode). This i think is fairly overkill for most smaller DV setups.

/Henrik
Henrik Bengtsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2002, 08:56 AM   #17
Regular Crew

what i was thinking off...

What i was thinking off....

You put your song on a dat player/recorder, then lets say the beginning of the song is 00:00:00:00 then you hook up a timecode slate to your camera and display the timecode of the song running on your slate in front of the cam, so then in post you would just put your song at an audio track and lookup the timecode of the song where you want to cut, then you search the shot you want and just scroll to the time code currently displayed on your audio track. Hope i explained this good. Im not sure if this works but i think this should work.
Bryan Johannes Onel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2002, 02:37 PM   #18
Regular Crew

There is one problem with that approach. It is very timeconsuming to fast forward back and forth on the dat to get to the current position. You very rarely shoot the entire song in one take, at least i dont. For the Beseech video i created a special CD with every part of the song i needed video for so all we had to say was "take 15, track 12" and the sound guy knew exactly what to play. It helped a lot with the time schedule.

Actually, the syncing isn't that tough to do in post either. If you have a clear drum track (which most songs have) you have a few very visual cues on how to sync it. And if you can get the audiofeed right into the camera it is even clearer.

/Henrik
Henrik Bengtsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2002, 02:57 PM   #19
dstinson

That's a really cool video, great work!!! Thanks for posting about it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work