Short film online--HD acquistion at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old May 8th, 2005, 01:23 AM   #1
Wrangler

Short film online--HD acquistion

Hi folks:

A short film that I co-DP'd a few months back is online at:

http://www.believemedia.com/videos.p...ne-the-bet.mov

It was directed by Charles Stone III (Drumline, Mr. 3000, those "Wazzup!" spots) as part of the Sony Dreams invitational. We shot on the Sony Cinealta (F900). Hardest part of the 3 day shoot was the driving--the prehistoric landscape was 4 hours away, the snowy hill was 2.5 hours...

pretty funny stuff, hope you like.
Old May 8th, 2005, 07:04 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Charles,

Great stuff... where was the 'big house' located?

R
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2005, 04:46 PM   #3
Wrangler

The house was in Big Bear. Only the front door and the walkway were practical, the rest was CGI. The approach was shot at a nearby slope that was set up for inner tube riders.
Old May 8th, 2005, 09:40 PM   #4
Major Player

Yes, very fun stuff indeed. I LOVED it!

I have GOT to see additional ones now.

Thank you for sharing that... but send more.
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2005, 09:59 PM   #5
Wrangler

Thanks Daniel!

When you say "more", like what exactly? more shorts by that director? or that I shot? or perhaps that I directed...?
Old May 8th, 2005, 10:33 PM   #6
Major Player

LOL... I just meant more of those two guys, they cracked me up. I could see a series of shorts like that, they should expand on the concept... or are they going to? I think the actors did a great job. The one guy was a bit like Martin Lawrence, but I actually liked him better than Martin. You all did a great job, very entertaining and funny; I just would like to watch more.

As for the directors stuff, I have seen others he has done, so maybe you should share more of your personal DP related ones or ones you shot, if you don’t mind.
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2005, 11:15 PM   #7
Wrangler

Actually, the intention with that short was to test the waters for a feature that Charles Stone is developing, so you will likely see more of those two!

You can see a bunch of the shorts I've made through Instant Films at www.instantfilms.tv--use the "search" function and enter my name.

There's a couple of things also up at
http://homepage.mac.com/chupap/Film/...Theater28.html
Old May 9th, 2005, 03:27 AM   #8
Wrangler

Chas, did you light the interior at the end? If so, mind sharing how many lights it took?

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Robert Knecht Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 06:33 AM   #9
Wrangler

On that short, Shane Hurlbut and I split the DP duties; he brings me on his digital jobs to oversee that end of things (like the Seinfeld webmovies) and this time we shared DP credit. I hung at the monitor and worked with the DIT to paint the image and finesse the lighting, while he was on set doing the actual lighting. Thus I wasn't as hands-on with that aspect as I normally would be. However, I do recall that the room was primarily ceiling fluorescents (which were all changed out to tungsten globes); the back wall had some small units and they were a number of units to either side at the final position (the "transporter). Also there were some MR16 striplights that were banded together to create the base that the two guys stepped on to, which lit up during the transporting effect, augmented by some Lightning Strikes units that created the flash. It took about 4 hours to light and prop this room, which was virtually empty when we got there.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work