DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Christmas - 7D (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/469963-christmas-7d.html)

A.J. Aguirre December 24th, 2009 05:28 AM

Christmas - 7D

I built a track dolly and wanted to test it out when i got home so I made this. I also wanted to test low-light of my 7D so this worked out pretty good.

J. Chris Moore December 24th, 2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.J. Aguirre (Post 1464233)
I built a track dolly and wanted to test it out when i got home so I made this. I also wanted to test low-light of my 7D so this worked out pretty good.

Christmas - Canon 7D on Vimeo

Nice work, I see stuff like this and fall more in love with the capabilities of the HD DSLRs. I did a project like this recently for a local cable company (except about 30 minutes of decorations) and used my xh-a1. It turned out OK but I would have loved to have been able to use a 7d. Good stuff.

Jerry Porter December 24th, 2009 11:14 AM

Very nice! Please tell me your ISO settings, lens and f that you were using. I started another thread about ISO and noise, so I'm trying to put together a list of who accomplished what with their 7D and how they went about it. That way we can all know the limitations/possibilities of the camera and be able to work around/with it more effectively. Thanks for sharing your work!!

A.J. Aguirre December 24th, 2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J. Chris Moore (Post 1464300)
Nice work, I see stuff like this and fall more in love with the capabilities of the HD DSLRs. I did a project like this recently for a local cable company (except about 30 minutes of decorations) and used my xh-a1. It turned out OK but I would have loved to have been able to use a 7d. Good stuff.

funny you mention your A1, I also have an A1 and since getting my 7D I have yet to pick it up once(I film motocross, wakesurfing, etc.) ...needless to say I put my A1 on ebay last night so I could invest in more lenses and such for my 7D

I highly recommend this camera, you cant be dissapointed!

A.J. Aguirre December 24th, 2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Porter (Post 1464308)
Very nice! Please tell me your ISO settings, lens and f that you were using. I started another thread about ISO and noise, so I'm trying to put together a list of who accomplished what with their 7D and how they went about it. That way we can all know the limitations/possibilities of the camera and be able to work around/with it more effectively. Thanks for sharing your work!!

Here you go
-ISO 1000 and 1250 mostly, more than that and it really isn't good
-Tamron 17-50 f2.8
-canon 50 1.8
-I used the lenses wide open the entire time

Jerry Porter December 24th, 2009 01:25 PM

Thanks that seems to be the cut off for most on the ISO setting (myself included) I have the same lens that you used as well and I'm pretty happy with them.