Christmas - 7D at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old December 24th, 2009, 05:28 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Christmas - 7D

I built a track dolly and wanted to test it out when i got home so I made this. I also wanted to test low-light of my 7D so this worked out pretty good.

A.J. Aguirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2009, 10:59 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. Aguirre View Post
I built a track dolly and wanted to test it out when i got home so I made this. I also wanted to test low-light of my 7D so this worked out pretty good.

Christmas - Canon 7D on Vimeo
Nice work, I see stuff like this and fall more in love with the capabilities of the HD DSLRs. I did a project like this recently for a local cable company (except about 30 minutes of decorations) and used my xh-a1. It turned out OK but I would have loved to have been able to use a 7d. Good stuff.
J. Chris Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2009, 11:14 AM   #3
Major Player

Very nice! Please tell me your ISO settings, lens and f that you were using. I started another thread about ISO and noise, so I'm trying to put together a list of who accomplished what with their 7D and how they went about it. That way we can all know the limitations/possibilities of the camera and be able to work around/with it more effectively. Thanks for sharing your work!!
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2009, 12:08 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Chris Moore View Post
Nice work, I see stuff like this and fall more in love with the capabilities of the HD DSLRs. I did a project like this recently for a local cable company (except about 30 minutes of decorations) and used my xh-a1. It turned out OK but I would have loved to have been able to use a 7d. Good stuff.
funny you mention your A1, I also have an A1 and since getting my 7D I have yet to pick it up once(I film motocross, wakesurfing, etc.) ...needless to say I put my A1 on ebay last night so I could invest in more lenses and such for my 7D

I highly recommend this camera, you cant be dissapointed!
Old December 24th, 2009, 12:11 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Porter View Post
Very nice! Please tell me your ISO settings, lens and f that you were using. I started another thread about ISO and noise, so I'm trying to put together a list of who accomplished what with their 7D and how they went about it. That way we can all know the limitations/possibilities of the camera and be able to work around/with it more effectively. Thanks for sharing your work!!
Here you go
-ISO 1000 and 1250 mostly, more than that and it really isn't good
-Tamron 17-50 f2.8
-canon 50 1.8
-I used the lenses wide open the entire time
Old December 24th, 2009, 01:25 PM   #6
Major Player

Thanks that seems to be the cut off for most on the ISO setting (myself included) I have the same lens that you used as well and I'm pretty happy with them.
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work