Point Reyes Lighthouse at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old August 29th, 2010, 08:33 PM   #1
Trustee

Point Reyes Lighthouse

Took a quick trip to the Point Reyes Lighthouse in hopes of getting some good sunset shots. Unfortunately it was sunny at my house but by the time we got out to the coast (only 20 miles away) it was totally foggy. Still took some quick shots in the fog.

Shot with a Sony EX3 into a nanoFlash capturing I-frame at 220Mbps. Edited with Vegas Pro 9.

The birds and whale were shot from about 500yrds up on a hill.

Any feedback is very welcomed.

Thanks,
Garrett
Garrett Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 10:17 AM   #2
Trustee

Nice stuff.

Yeah, it's hard to gauge what kind of weather you'll find when you get out there. It seems that conditions inland are rarely a decent indication, and it changes pretty quickly.

I dug it.
-Jon
Old August 30th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Great way to spend the weekend!

A couple of questions: what effects did you use in Vegas...I spotted what looked like a vignette at one stage.

And did you consider slo-moing the water drops on the pebbles shot? That might have produced an interesting effect.

Thanks for sharing.

Sean
Old August 31st, 2010, 03:53 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Walsh View Post
Great way to spend the weekend!

A couple of questions: what effects did you use in Vegas...I spotted what looked like a vignette at one stage.

And did you consider slo-moing the water drops on the pebbles shot? That might have produced an interesting effect.
Hi Sean,

I didn't really use any FX's. Only fade ins and cross dissolves.

I did think about slowing down the drops hitting the water but it didn't really look that good. I should have overcranked it when I shot it but I was in such a rush to get the shots I didn't really have time to get everything set up the way I wanted.

Thanks for taking a look,
Garrett
Garrett Low is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work