Sony F3 music video - 24/60fps - all natural light at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old June 5th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #1
Trustee

Sony F3 music video - 24/60fps - all natural light

This is a music video I directed and shot with the F3 for artist Mike D and his track "Back in Time".

If you like this guy's stuff check it out at iTunes: iTunes - Music - Back in Time - Single by Mike D

Questions, comments & critique very welcome!

Last edited by Dennis Hingsberg; June 5th, 2012 at 09:47 PM.
Dennis Hingsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 08:37 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Sony F3 music video - 24/60fps - all natural light

Nice job & thanks for sharing.

One question/critique - wondering why you choose to put him in front of the blown out windows for a lot of the video? Blowouts are not always bad but the light is wrapping around his face. I am sure non video people would not notice but it stands out to me.
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #3
Trustee

Hi Tim, thank you for your comments. Shooting against large windows was mainly an artistic decision. The idea of the studio as a place where he returns to remember all the great girlfriend memories are meant to be pure, emotional, clean, white, etc..

I had thought about not blowing them out but the 3rd story view from the studio would have been extremely distracting to the feeling of the video, we also only had the studio as the main location to shoot and work with so we needed to shoot it in other spots than just the wall. I also knew the majority of the video 2/3 would be dissolves and slo-mo flashbacks.

Cheers,
Dennis Hingsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #4
Trustee

Here is the Vimeo version which is slighty better quality if anyone is interested in seeing the difference over YouTube

Dennis Hingsberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work