My latest short film: "Everything Dissolves" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old August 17th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #1
New Boot

My latest short film: "Everything Dissolves"

Hey guys so a quick back story on me. I graduated college a few months ago with film as my major and I have just finished a very short film. I worked on it solo and would like to hear any comments and criticism you guys may have. Thanks and enjoy!

This short film floats alongside a young girl who is finding it difficult to let go of things reminiscent of her past.
---------------------------------
Model: Shannen Driscoll
-----------------------------------
Music: Sigur Rós- Glósóli
---------------
Canon T3i
Glidecam HD 2000
Konova Slider
Tokina 11-16
50mm 1.4
Fader ND
Cut and Graded in Sony Vegas
-----------------------------------
facebook.com/WiseFilms
©2013 Wise Films
Ethan Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2013, 05:23 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: My latest short film: "Everything Dissolves"

Ethan,

I have to be honest, I struggled to make a connection with the title. Can you elaborate? Maybe it needs another minute and a half added to give it more depth.

On a positive note, there was some good framing in there.EG, 0:10, although focus was soft, but that may have been intentional. 0:19, frame and focus is good.0:22 to mention a few. Some good cuts as well.

Al
Alan Melville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks for the reply! I was having a very hard time thinking of a title for this short film and my girlfriends mother blurted out "Everything Dissolves" and i thought it sounded cool so I used it. I like to think that in the film, the balloons are with her the whole time but at the end they pop and dissolve away. Much like life, it doesnt last forever. Something like that! Glad you liked some of the framing and cuts! I had a lot of fun making this.
Ethan Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2013, 11:11 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I really liked the visuals and I thought the song worked until it kicked in, and then I didn't really know what you were going for. It seemed to build up and then just cut off. I wasn't a fan of the fast cuts. But yeah, I thought the shooting and colours were great and it had a great dreamy feel to it.

Incidentally, did you see when Sigur Ros did a music video competition for their last album?
Joe Piechura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2013, 01:21 AM   #5
Major Player

It's not really a short. It's more like a montage of images. Despite the lack of narrative it looks pretty nice and has a good feeling to it..

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work