Mucky Secrets - Prologue - The Marine Creatures of the Lembeh Strait at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old October 10th, 2013, 10:43 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Mucky Secrets - Prologue - The Marine Creatures of the Lembeh Strait

I have been working on a new 90-minute documentary about the weird and wonderful marine life of the Lembeh Strait in Indonesia. I have still some way to go with that, but today I released a short prologue video as a trailer and a chance to be creative in a different way from the main feature (which is slow paced with narration).

I shot it with my Sony HVR-Z1P HDV camera with a Century Optics +3.5 achromatic diopter, in a Light & Motion underwater housing with a flat port and halogen lights.

In Vegas I corrected each clip with Color Curves then processed for YouTube by my usual convoluted but proven method. 2 clips were cropped from 1080 to 720p, the rest were downscaled.

I didn't set out to cut to the music this time, but that's how it ended up for most clips. Hence it's fast paced, which is good for YouTube, and hopefully I've just about managed to convey the personalities of these quirky creatures without the cutting being jarring. Would be interested in views on that, or any other feedback. Cheers

Nick Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2013, 07:10 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Mucky Secrets - Prologue - The Marine Creatures of the Lembeh Strait

Nick,

That was great, I became so absorbed I forgot to check out the tech side! I'm sure it was great! :)

Al
Alan Melville is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work