One of my videos makes NBC news at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old November 13th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #1
Major Player

One of my videos makes NBC news

Got an alert on this today. Very fun video that I shot with my Nikon D800, JVC GY-HMQ10, Ex1r and Panasonic GH3 over the course of several months.

Link: Sale Pending for "The Cats" Estate in Los Gatos | NBC Bay Area
Duane Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 05:26 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: One of my videos makes NBC news

Love the video, some amazing shots. Can I ask what the music is?
Jody Arnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 04:56 PM   #3
Trustee

Duane - That was some good looking real estate video. A lot of it was apparently around the spring time-frame. Really nice views of the valley and Mt. Hamilton.

How did NBC use it in the news? 8 million in that area shouldn't make news, I wouldn't think. For 75 acres and that many parcels (I assume guidable) in Los Gatos, though, that seems like a pretty good deal.

Maybe there is too much traffic noise from Highway 17?

For info, I used to go past the cats quite often. In fact, when I was a kid, myself and a couple others rode down Hwy 17 from Summit Road to the flat area by Lexington Reservoir - on our bicycles! And, we didn't even get killed! I don't think anyone could do that today and live to tell about it.

Anyway, having NBC News on the experience list, that would be a nice feather in your cap.
John Nantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody Arnott View Post
Love the video, some amazing shots. Can I ask what the music is?
Thanks Jody. I've archived that hard drive and don't remember the track but it was a royalty free selection I bought on either premium beat or shockwave. I'll post it if I can find it.
Old November 14th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Nantz View Post
Duane - That was some good looking real estate video. A lot of it was apparently around the spring time-frame. Really nice views of the valley and Mt. Hamilton.

How did NBC use it in the news? 8 million in that area shouldn't make news, I wouldn't think. For 75 acres and that many parcels (I assume guidable) in Los Gatos, though, that seems like a pretty good deal.

Maybe there is too much traffic noise from Highway 17?

For info, I used to go past the cats quite often. In fact, when I was a kid, myself and a couple others rode down Hwy 17 from Summit Road to the flat area by Lexington Reservoir - on our bicycles! And, we didn't even get killed! I don't think anyone could do that today and live to tell about it.

Anyway, having NBC News on the experience list, that would be a nice feather in your cap.
It's an unusually well known property for the reason you described and because of its artistic and romantic history. Several papers ran stories about it including the Wall Street Journal. I had a few calls from people who told me NBC played the video on the morning news but I didn't see it. The video they linked was #4 and kind of an afterthought. The others best tell the story of this very cool property, you can see them here: The Cats Estate Los Gatos-Official Site
Old November 15th, 2013, 01:12 AM   #6
Major Player

Nice job Duane. Is the property north or south of the road to Santa Cruz?
Al Bergstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2013, 09:34 AM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bergstein View Post
Nice job Duane. Is the property north or south of the road to Santa Cruz?
It's just west of Highway 17 which is the primary road to Santa Cruz, and about 1/4 mile south of downtown Los Gatos.
Old November 17th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #8
Trustee

Al - to be a little bit more precise, "The Cats" entrance is on the northwest side of (South) Santa Cruz Ave (in Los Gatos), almost where it intersects with Hwy 17. Hwy 17 is basically an Interstate but I don't think, from this point on toward Santa Cruz, that it meets the standards for an Interstate.

Maybe it has been upgraded since I saw it last but due to the mountainous terrain it would be not only very costly but also environmentally damaging as it would tear up more ground and create more intense runoff from the developed surfaces.

For others on the board, the name for the town of Los Gatos is Spanish for "The Cats". The high school mascot is …. a Wildcat. (who would have guessed, eh?).

Highway 17 climbs over the Santa Cruz mountains to …. Santa Cruz. (another "eh?"). I know, lots of valuable information here.

California State Route 17 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by John Nantz; November 17th, 2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: clarified location for Santa Cruz Ave
John Nantz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work