Ibiza on the rx10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old September 27th, 2014, 04:26 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Ibiza on the rx10

Just got back from a holiday which was not exactly as I hoped it to be be but all things considered it turned out allright, to start with I got a hernia a few days before we left and I planned on staying home but made a last minute decision to go anyway, the pain was bearable and the first part of our holiday I managed to shoot some awesome looking scenery despite of a crappy too light gorilla pod which produced vibrations when there was too much wind and I was often limited to very low angle shots only and in a seldom case I managed to attach it to a tree for a higher angle.

It had not rained for 7 months in a row on Ibiza and for some reason the weather gods decided to flood the island with water the second part of our holiday so I had to shoot in-between rain showers but it gave me some great looking clouds in the sky.

To complete things I got another hernia during the last part of my holiday which tied me to my bed for the last 3 days and had me eat painkillers for breakfast. The journey back home with cars driving over speedbumps and being stuck for 2 hours on a cramped airplane seat enduring turbulence was an experience I won't easily forget but since I"m writing this it means I survived :)

This was all shot on the Sony rx10 in the new 50mbs codec, the images have not been corrected in any way and the sound you hear is all from the internal mike, I used a polarizer.

I used a 21:9 format only to correct several crooked horizons, as I often had to shoot low and since my back did not allow me to bend to have closer look on the screen I first made all the camera settings while handholding the camera and then placed the gorrilapod on the ground trying to have it level but it often wasn't.

Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 11:03 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Ibiza on the rx10

Sorry to hear about your health problems.

But if you hadn't have explained all of that, from the video I would have thought you had a good time. Maybe over time you'll forget how difficult it might have been and the video can provide some fond memories.

How well do you like the rx10? I got a GH4 to shoot aerial but I like it so much I find I'm nervous about flying it...
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 02:13 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Ibiza on the rx10

I had good times up until the last 3 days :) I really like the rx10 but mine has been acting up after the new firmwareupdate, the first day on holiday the camera was very slow in response, I first thought there was something wrong with it as it took up to 10 seconds with anything I did with the camera, even pressing record took 5 seconds before anything happened. The second day however and after that this behaviour was gone. It was quite warm but I only used the camera for short periods of time. It is the second time I have had this kind of behaviour, weird.

Beside that it's my goto camera in a run and gun situation when I want to have a more "dslr" kind of look.
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work