*RARE* Great Crested Grebe Dance at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old March 14th, 2015, 06:54 PM   #1
Regular Crew

*RARE* Great Crested Grebe Dance

Footage I shot of the special Great Crested Grebe Dance. This was shot over 4 hours. Make sure to watch the whole thing not to miss anything! Music by Marcelo Fernandez. If you enjoyed it please share!

Many thanks. Andre Bisson.
André Bisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2015, 03:34 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: *RARE* Great Crested Grebe Dance

Fascinating! I love the 'bit-parts', too - the lapwing, moorhen and coot. And especially the 'heavies' using the adjacent runway, and who don't seem to be noticed at all by the stars.
Brian Dollemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2015, 05:26 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Andre,

If you cut the 'bad bits' (uncontrolled pans, grass obstruction} out, and reduce the time total to about
5 minutes, it will be better. Remember: shorter is usually better, especially with repeating action.
The audience only judges you for what they see, the degree of difficulty or time you spent in taking the
footage does not come into play.
What magnification does your lens give you?

Cheers,

Gerd
Gerd Kogler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 01:06 AM   #4
Major Player

Nice Video

I agree with Gerd on the suggestions, its such a impressive one

There would be great value in adding some closeups if you have giving a impressive perspective for some moments, keeps the viewer like it more

great effort here

vishal
Vishal Jadhav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 07:27 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Yes, I agree, it would be better to shorten such a video, but I didn't want to take too much away from it. Remember, this was 4-5 hours, 5 mins would wreck the detail of it I think. The scenary, maybe there was too much grass, but then again it does make you feel like you are there.

As for the pans, yes, it was very tricky to film because of the distance I was away. I wish I had more close-ups, but I don't have a sniper camera for that yet.

My lense can go up to about 600mm.

It's awkward, just getting that close meant I had to get closer than I should have. It's difficult.

Thanks for the suggestions though, I'll bare what you said in mind when I go out filming next. I might do some cropping on my next video to get some close ups.

The video will be shortened if it is used for news etc.

Thanks,

Andre Bisson.
André Bisson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work