EASTERN SKIES- A Timelapse Journey at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old November 30th, 2015, 06:49 AM   #1
Major Player

EASTERN SKIES- A Timelapse Journey

About 5 years ago I started getting into researching areas of the East Coast that have dark skies such as the western states. I was told it doesn't exist but I continued my search. I came across a small section of West Virginia called the Monongahela Nation Forest. There are only 2 roads that pass between towns that have 1 gas station and a small convenience store. Located 4 hours from Washington D.C., I knew I'd be doing a lot of driving. After a few years of scouting the locations on Google Earth and in person, I started shooting the spring of 2014. I was also focusing some time down at North Carolina's Outer Banks. Cape Hatteras is the most outer point of the famous OBX with very little light pollution, dark skies and amazing historic light houses.
EASTERN SKIES was shot over a 10 month period or 2 full Summers / Falls. I battled some of the most extreme thunderstorms, insane fog, dew and anything else mother nature threw at me.
I'd like to thanks everyone who helped me out along the way.

Greg Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2015, 06:17 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: EASTERN SKIES- A Timelapse Journey

Great work Greg!
Old December 4th, 2015, 09:54 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: EASTERN SKIES- A Timelapse Journey

Wonderful work , wonder how i missed this one

Would be so interesting to chase storms and the the milkyway

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work