Law Firm Commercial at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old November 23rd, 2016, 12:30 PM   #1
Major Player

Law Firm Commercial

Put this short 30 second commercial together for an attorney here in town. I didn't want to do the typical attorney commercial with a car crashing sound in the background and all the graphics everywhere (not that I actually would know how to do that if I wanted to). He hired me for the work he's seen from me in the past, which has this kind of feel to it, so I didn't want to veer too far away from that. Thoughts?

PS - Haven't settled on this music so it still has the watermark on it.

Brock Burwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2016, 02:32 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Law Firm Commercial

2 small nit-picks

1. The audio quality is different between the main voice-over and the ending scene. It's a little jarring.
2. Driving his car... 1. He is a little too casual with one hand on the steering wheel, and no seatbelt. I don't see any connection between an Attorney for hire and driving a car. As a client, I like to imagine him either At work, or in the courtroom. But not driving a car.
Vince Pachiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2016, 02:52 PM   #3
Major Player

Yea you may be right about how causal he is driving. He actually is wearing a seatbelt though (it blends into his jacket a bit).

The idea was to tell a story subliminally (driving to work, walking to work, in his office, typing on his computer). Perhaps you are right that the driving isn't necessarily needed. Thanks for the feedback!
Brock Burwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2016, 09:40 AM   #4
Trustee

Not sure if its his accent but I had to listen to the opening twice to figure out it was Charleston. Obviously if its being aired locally that won't be an issue.

Nice work.
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2016, 12:33 AM   #5
Major Player

Nice work, Brock. That was actually refreshing. I'm an attorney -- not personal injury -- and about 99% of the commercials advertising legal services make me cringe; I wonder who was making creative and substantive decisions.

Two points: the narrator swallows most endings of his sentences. I realize he likely isn't voice talent, and he likely sounds great in person, but here I had to pay close attention as his voice trailed off.

Second, he referred to "us." Small firm? If so, why not show him and his colleagues working together in a conference room or, if you can, in a staged courtroom? The group shots made me wonder whether he was speaking to clients. If these are his colleagues, it looks like they're having a casual chat about confidential client business in the open; that isn't a message I would want to telegraph to potential clients.

My $0.02.
Old November 28th, 2016, 01:17 PM   #6
Major Player

Great advice guys! Thanks!
Brock Burwell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work