Irene - Teaser for my new Short - GH4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old March 30th, 2017, 09:03 PM   #1
Major Player

Irene - Teaser for my new Short - GH4

Shooting on GH4 (Still shooting) and edited in FCPX.

Old March 31st, 2017, 12:49 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Irene - Teaser for my new Short - GH4

The images look great but I am confused, I know a teaser is meant to tease your audience and to build up anticipation, they are usually short, have a minimum on visuals and dialog but in your example I"m not feeling the anticipation. I see 3 men in a car driving on a road and the film is called Irene but that alone doesn't want me to see more.

Last edited by Noa Put; March 31st, 2017 at 01:29 AM.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2017, 04:01 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi there, Noa,

thanks for watching and sorry for disappointing you again. Maybe I'll have better luck with the movie.
Old April 1st, 2017, 02:21 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I"m sure the movie will be good but I"m just saying that your teaser doesn't tell me why I should be excited to see it. You show 3 men driving in a car and that's it so not sure what to expect from that.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2017, 03:13 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
I"m sure the movie will be good
Well, we will wait and see. We shot one 1/2 day and I put that together in 15 minutes, really more of an announcement than anything and for the actors to share it and see a glimpse of what we are doing.

And teasers can be anything you want them to be. Prometheus had a teaser of Guy Pearce talking on stage which was never even in the movie. besides teasers can be just that. an announcement. Even you now know about it, even if you never watch the film when it's done :)

Quote:
You show 3 men driving in a car and that's it so not sure what to expect from that.
That's all I had time to do, and honestly I rarely do trailers for short films.

Anyway, I'm just a filmmaker trying to keep doing my craft until I succeed. Thanks again for watching and taking the time to comment.
Old April 5th, 2017, 11:18 PM   #6
Trustee

Brian,

Your work is in most ways at a very high level. I have watched almost everything you posted, even if I did not plan on finishing it when I fist saw it, I stayed till the end in most cases. I wanted to give feedback, but business time comes first, I did not do it.

Please don't post here and become defensive (not my place to say that). I just want to keep seeing your work. One guy, a GH4 and/or whatever? Does not matter to me. If you are doing everything that well my hat is off to your production quality.

I agree with Noa. Three guys on a cell phone will NEVER get my attention. The guys on this forum are honest in their attempt to give solid feedback.

Kind Regards,

Steve
Old April 6th, 2017, 01:06 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Digges View Post
Brian,

Your work is in most ways at a very high level. I have watched almost everything you posted, even if I did not plan on finishing it when I fist saw it, I stayed till the end in most cases. I wanted to give feedback, but business time comes first, I did not do it.

Please don't post here and become defensive (not my place to say that). I just want to keep seeing your work. One guy, a GH4 and/or whatever? Does not matter to me. If you are doing everything that well my hat is off to your production quality.

I agree with Noa. Three guys on a cell phone will NEVER get my attention. The guys on this forum are honest in their attempt to give solid feedback.

Kind Regards,

Steve
Hi Steven,

I always appreciate your feedback and candid honestly. In fact, I appreciate anyone taking the time to watch and comment on my work. I hope it doesn't come off as defensive when I explain myself. Sometimes it is just to clarify stuff. Like I said above, this was just put together in 15 minutes after we got back from a 1/2 day shoot.
Old April 12th, 2017, 06:51 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Look forward to it!

Really enjoyed the Simple Lives stuff, as bizarre as they got :-)

Good to see two of the actors from that in the upcoming short.

I echo the sentiment here. I really admire your output, and ability.
Miggy Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2017, 03:33 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggy Sanchez View Post
Look forward to it!

Really enjoyed the Simple Lives stuff, as bizarre as they got :-)

Good to see two of the actors from that in the upcoming short.

I echo the sentiment here. I really admire your output, and ability.
THANKS!!

I'm trying my best. These were all pretty much class projects I did for a small group of actors I teach so a lot of what I am end up with depends on what we had to work with, as far as locations, actors showing or dropping out etc. Looking forward to doing something completely on my own with some money that is needed.

But I did learn a lot and hopefully that will translate into the future projects.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work