DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Director Reel - 2017 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/534212-director-reel-2017-a.html)

Brian Duke June 6th, 2017 07:21 PM

Director Reel - 2017

I took some advice from some of you and made it more of a montage instead of scenes. It took quite a while to collect all the media. Enjoy and of course I REALLY welcome any feedback. I still have so much I could add.

Steven Digges June 10th, 2017 12:51 PM

Re: Director Reel - 2017

What an improvement from the other cut! I don't know how you made cuts from all of those shorts flow like that but you did it. Time put in well spent. It could almost be a trailer for an international feature. Much better.

Thoughts: Too long! Your credit info needs to hang longer or somehow be as dramatic as the reel. At the end they need to know who YOU are. Not just that you have killed more people than a drug lord.

Some will say far too violent for widespread viewing. But that IS what you do. I am sure you are comfortable with that. No one ever got noticed with a vanilla shotgun approach. I think you just brought a whole new meaning to shotgun approach!

Kind Regards,

Steve

Brian Duke June 10th, 2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Digges (Post 1933220)
What an improvement from the other cut! I don't know how you made cuts from all of those shorts flow like that but you did it. Time put in well spent. It could almost be a trailer for an international feature. Much better.

Thoughts: Too long! Your credit info needs to hang longer or somehow be as dramatic as the reel. At the end they need to know who YOU are. Not just that you have killed more people than a drug lord.

Some will say far too violent for widespread viewing. But that IS what you do. I am sure you are comfortable with that. No one ever got noticed with a vanilla shotgun approach. I think you just brought a whole new meaning to shotgun approach!

Kind Regards,

Steve

Thanks Steve. Appreciate you taking the time to watch and comment. Yeah, I kinda wanna work on the last 30-60 seconds more. Have more stuff I wanna add, that may make it feel less long. ( and I hate things too long anyway)

Funny, because a lot of my stuff isn't even violent. My latest short has zero violence in it. I just wanted to show some action sequences. But YES, I do tend to be darker/edgier. The humor is more situational, and would require longer segments, so I don't add much of it in. When I update it again, I'm sure it'll be better.

And YES, believe me it took quite a lot of time pulling all those clips from different old drives etc, and one was from a feature that I hadn't looked at in 6 years..

Mervyn Jack June 14th, 2017 05:33 PM

Well I liked it. I wanna see the movie! I understand its clips from many. I still like it all.
Perhaps you could credit the films you took the clips from if they are on line?

Brian Duke June 15th, 2017 03:16 PM

Hi, thanks for watching and leaving comments. Means a lot. I had titles for movies last reel, but most fo the feedback was to make it more of a montage, plus it was such a mash up with clips spread all over, it would be hard to name them all, and especially when there are multiple clips form the same projects in different places.

However, I will eventually update it and chew on all the feedback... :)