Director Reel - 2017 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old June 6th, 2017, 07:21 PM   #1
Major Player

Director Reel - 2017

I took some advice from some of you and made it more of a montage instead of scenes. It took quite a while to collect all the media. Enjoy and of course I REALLY welcome any feedback. I still have so much I could add.

Last edited by Brian Duke; June 7th, 2017 at 02:15 PM.
Brian Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2017, 12:51 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Director Reel - 2017

What an improvement from the other cut! I don't know how you made cuts from all of those shorts flow like that but you did it. Time put in well spent. It could almost be a trailer for an international feature. Much better.

Thoughts: Too long! Your credit info needs to hang longer or somehow be as dramatic as the reel. At the end they need to know who YOU are. Not just that you have killed more people than a drug lord.

Some will say far too violent for widespread viewing. But that IS what you do. I am sure you are comfortable with that. No one ever got noticed with a vanilla shotgun approach. I think you just brought a whole new meaning to shotgun approach!

Kind Regards,

Steve
Old June 10th, 2017, 05:41 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Digges View Post
What an improvement from the other cut! I don't know how you made cuts from all of those shorts flow like that but you did it. Time put in well spent. It could almost be a trailer for an international feature. Much better.

Thoughts: Too long! Your credit info needs to hang longer or somehow be as dramatic as the reel. At the end they need to know who YOU are. Not just that you have killed more people than a drug lord.

Some will say far too violent for widespread viewing. But that IS what you do. I am sure you are comfortable with that. No one ever got noticed with a vanilla shotgun approach. I think you just brought a whole new meaning to shotgun approach!

Kind Regards,

Steve
Thanks Steve. Appreciate you taking the time to watch and comment. Yeah, I kinda wanna work on the last 30-60 seconds more. Have more stuff I wanna add, that may make it feel less long. ( and I hate things too long anyway)

Funny, because a lot of my stuff isn't even violent. My latest short has zero violence in it. I just wanted to show some action sequences. But YES, I do tend to be darker/edgier. The humor is more situational, and would require longer segments, so I don't add much of it in. When I update it again, I'm sure it'll be better.

And YES, believe me it took quite a lot of time pulling all those clips from different old drives etc, and one was from a feature that I hadn't looked at in 6 years..
Old June 14th, 2017, 05:33 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Well I liked it. I wanna see the movie! I understand its clips from many. I still like it all.
Perhaps you could credit the films you took the clips from if they are on line?
Mervyn Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2017, 03:16 PM   #5
Major Player

Hi, thanks for watching and leaving comments. Means a lot. I had titles for movies last reel, but most fo the feedback was to make it more of a montage, plus it was such a mash up with clips spread all over, it would be hard to name them all, and especially when there are multiple clips form the same projects in different places.

However, I will eventually update it and chew on all the feedback... :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work