Car Interview with U.S. Senator at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old August 9th, 2020, 09:36 AM   #1
Major Player

Car Interview with U.S. Senator

The president of the school I work for had the idea to do some interviews in his car with people connected with our university, which have turned out to attract some pretty decent subjects over the last year or so including U.S. Senator Joe Manchin and NBA Hall of Famer, David Robinson.

I feel like these have been done to death, but I would love to have some feedback on how ours have turned out.

The intro shots were shot with a GH5 and a Mavic 2 Pro and the in car shots were with 3 GoPro Hero 7's. I had a Zoom H1 above each of them in the sunvisor with a lav attached.

Brock Burwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2020, 01:43 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Car Interview with U.S. Senator

Brock …

You said you wanted some feedback. Well ….
Watched the Manchin interview and the video and audio looked and sounded really good. In fact, the video looked so good that it almost looks unreal, like an old-school Hollywood stage setup with a couple people sitting in the front seat and the scenery backdrop showing that the car looks like it is moving! It was really smooth.

Question: was the air conditioner running? You did a good job cutting out all the extraneous noises. So often there are noises that we as humans tune out are picked up by the recorder.
John Nantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2020, 08:05 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Car Interview with U.S. Senator

Thanks for your feedback John. That's funny about it looking fake. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing haha!

I have two audio recorders (Zoom H1) above them with a lav mic plugged in pointing down at them. I did a tiny bit of noise reduction to get rid of some of that external noise, but luckily it's a pretty quiet car inside so it wasn't too bad.
Brock Burwell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work