"The Ninjews", my short, is finally done. - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old June 6th, 2003, 12:05 PM   #61
Trustee

Oy!

OY! Yeah, that was lame. I'll tell ya, though, how does a hard corps Jewish lad make out in Texas? It was easy for me in Southern NJ because half my junior and senior high school was Jewish. Hell, my block was nicknamed "Bagel Boulevard!" I'm still trying to force myself to eat lox. And I miss my aunt's chicken cooked in the "deflavorizer".
Hugh DiMauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2003, 12:28 PM   #62
Slash Rules!

It wasn't hard. I did attend both a Catholic high school and College, but no one really seemed to care.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2003, 12:52 PM   #63
Major Player

Classic! I've been seeing this thread but havent read it. Cuz i didnt have broadband.Well now i have broadband and watched the short for the first time.I had no idea it was going to be claymation what a surprise. Excellent work!
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2003, 11:27 PM   #64
New Boot

<<<-- Originally posted by Matt Stahley : Classic! I've been seeing this thread but havent read it. Cuz i didnt have broadband.Well now i have broadband and watched the short for the first time.I had no idea it was going to be claymation what a surprise. Excellent work! -->>>

I don't have broadband either... which is why I always go to my university/local internet cafe to download stuff (mostly mp3's and such, and then copy them for personal use :D)

That must've taken ages to make? Really well done though... it looks like your hard work payed off! One question though... how did you make those figures? I'm all curious
Amelie Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2003, 11:57 PM   #65
Slash Rules!

The figures are oil based clay (Aken's) molded around an armature (skeleton). The skeleton is the thinnest aluminum wire (don't remember the gauge, sorry), double twisted for strength and shaped into a human figure. After shaping the wire, you need to create the "bones," i.e., strengthen and reinforce those parts which don't bend, like shins, thighs, upper and lower arms, head, crotch, and torso, leaving only bendable wire where joints would be. I used plumber's epoxy to do this, as it doesn't add too much bulk, and is hard as hell. Then simply add the clay. You're supposed to apply a layer of melted clay before putting the clay on that people see, but I ain't meltin' no clay on the stove, and I didn't have any fancy apparatus available. The melted clay's supposed to keep the outer layer from slipping. I still don't see how that works.

They're so "fat" because of the skeleton. If I made the outer layer any thinner, the "bones" would start to show through.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2003, 08:47 AM   #66
Regular Crew

Wow! Nice work, Josh!

Michael
Michael Middleton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work