DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Show Your Work 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/54679-show-your-work-2006-a.html)

Pauline Martin March 20th, 2006 11:22 AM

Audio Effects

A lot of effects were recorded by our guys. Any others probably came from one of our Lucas Sound Libraries. Marty likes to change around a lot of the sounds though (reverse, slowmo, etc...). Usually what sounds like one sound effect is a mixture of a dozen.

Andrew Todd March 20th, 2006 11:42 AM

nice to see the what the g35 is capable of.. really impressive

David Desper March 20th, 2006 03:44 PM

thanx for the info I understand that its a mixture a lots of effects to get that great transfer

Jerry Porter March 20th, 2006 06:06 PM

I laughed, I cried, I loved it!! Good work man and you should stick with those guys!! Do you remember a little movie shot a while back called "The Clerks"? similar start. Good job.

Jerry Porter March 20th, 2006 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Forman
Ok, so the Aquaman TV series starts shooting the pilot in Miami this week... Any of us Floridians working on this?

I'm not but, I have seen the entarage in town for the set up?

K. Forman March 20th, 2006 06:41 PM

There's a boatload of board members down there, so I wasn't sure if they had hired any locals.

Jerry Porter March 20th, 2006 06:59 PM

Hated the video!! BUT loved the creative energy. You guys go to NC A&T?? If you are local send me a PM and we should hook up on a real project. I'm looking for some creative input on a new project and have ALL my own gear. Keep up the creative work and energy. Get better at sound and lighting.

Chad Huntley March 20th, 2006 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Steele
haha that was an awesome video. Could you explain how to create the bus running over the biker during editing? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the compliments everyone! The scene was actually pretty simple to do, just required a bit of image editing in post.

First what we did was setup the camera on a tripod, then, had me cross the street on the bike, then bike off camera. We timed it so that after I crossed the street safetly, a bus drove by. In Premiere, I placed the clips ontop of each other, then cropped the right side of the "me biking" clip.

So for the first part of the clip, there were two seperate clips playing. As soon as the bus was in contact with me, I took out the "me biking" clip completely, then replaced myself with a image file of me on the bike. I then keyframed it out of the scene and added the sound effect.

Hope that explains it well enough

John Holland March 20th, 2006 09:07 PM

Thanks,

Lighting and audio are something I'm working on and getting better at, but all things take time. I'm in the Greensboro area (of course I go to A&T) so I'll definitely send you a PM about your project. I need all the experience I can get (I'm also getting ready to purchase a camera and equipment of my own)

Andrew Wills March 21st, 2006 04:50 AM

Aramitama

Hello everyone! I've decided to post a link to a short film I made a year ago (Graduation short), that scored me a First for my degree. I've only recently managed to wittle it down to a more comfortable 10 minutes, so it's now up on MediaSpine and TriggerStreet.

Synopsis:
A horrifying tale of a mother and son terrorised by the mysterious and supernatural presence of a young boy.

Kim, a young mother going through a tough divorce whilst working two jobs in plagued by visions of a nightmarish incident, which took place in her past. What are these visions and what do they mean?

Link:
http://www.mediaspine.com/media.php?id=10&type=Video

Download: (13mb)
http://www.mediaspine.com/files/aramitama.mov
(Right click and Save Target As)

Notes:
If anyone is interested, the film was shot over 3 days, for £500, on a Canon XM2. The lead actress is called Maye Choo, she has since worked on BBC's Silent Witness. The young lad was called Brandon Mac, and has never acted before! Any further questions feel free to ask!

Let me know what you all think!

Travis Cossel March 21st, 2006 11:43 PM

I enjoyed it. The pacing was good. The scares weren't too over the top. The story and style weren't all that original, but you did it well, so that's okay by me.

I did feel that a lot of the scenes were way too dark. Sometimes it was hard to see what was going on. Also, there were a number of scenes where the actress had a lot of backlight and you couldn't see her face very well. It would have been nice to have some additional light on her face for those scenes.

This is all said, however, without any knowledge of what tools you had at your disposal and how many people were helping you out. Mostly I just wanted more light in a lot of the scenes. Everything else was done very well.

Andrew Wills March 23rd, 2006 05:26 AM

In terms of tools and crew, I used a CamCrane 200, and a GlideCam, although the GlideCam was useless due to the small corridors, and I was a rubbish operator!

As for lighting, all I had was one red head, three gels, (Red, Green and Blue)some diffuser (which caught fire), and a reflector (which was useful!).

Crew wise, just me and my fiancee! I could have had a larger crew, but that house was so small, it would have made the shoot much longer just by moving people about! I prefer smaller crews anyway, things seem to get done quicker!

Glad you enjoyed it though! Thanks for your comments!

Any more?

Andrew C. Stewart March 24th, 2006 01:27 PM

Really good stuff.

The shot in the church is almost identical to a sequence we just finished shooting. Crazy!

Erick von Schulz March 24th, 2006 08:07 PM

I love Girl Scouts the movie

Here is a clip from a video I am posting right now..... it is a little low budget and cheasy.... But funny as heck.....

it was shot on a cheap DV camcorder. but looks pretty good. It is pretty compressed on google's site. but the DVD looks incredible...... Let me know what you think.. Even if you hate it......

Thanks

http://video.google.com/videopopup?q...+-+Full+Screen

Shawn Beats March 25th, 2006 01:12 AM

lol, i enjoyed it. damn girl guides... always picking on people